DHT 591BA -Speaker wire - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-30-2013, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I purchased a DHT591BA (Denon Boston Acoustics (MCS95)) speaker system a while back. I need to get longer speaker wires for the rear speakers,.What speaker wire should i buy? I read about 12 gauge,16 gauge.not sure..Also i need a longer wire for only one of the rear speakers.This may sound dumb...can i leave the remaining wires as is and just change the rear one? also the factory ones have white stripe and black on each wire.I have attached the white striped one to red and complete black one to black for each speaker...how can i identify the same with the new cable?
appreciate the replies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-30-2013, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 196
16gauge would be best. The wires that come stock are pretty small so I suggest changing them all. And the aftermarket wires will be different so you can tell tham appart

Like the white stripe the stock wires have
post #3 of 4 Old 01-30-2013, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vr23 View Post

I purchased a DHT591BA (Denon Boston Acoustics (MCS95)) speaker system a while back. I need to get longer speaker wires for the rear speakers,.What speaker wire should i buy? I read about 12 gauge,16 gauge.not sure..Also i need a longer wire for only one of the rear speakers.This may sound dumb...can i leave the remaining wires as is and just change the rear one? also the factory ones have white stripe and black on each wire.I have attached the white striped one to red and complete black one to black for each speaker...how can i identify the same with the new cable?
appreciate the replies

It depends on how far you're running the speakers. If it's under 100ft, go with 16 gauge. If you go above 100ft, go with 14 gauge. You can probably run the extra speaker without changing the other wires. Technically you should try to keep all speakers at the same distance, but you probably won't notice anything.

- Brennan, Outdoor Speaker Depot
post #4 of 4 Old 01-31-2013, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks crazyrob and brennan
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page