I'm trying to get my speakers setup properly at this point ...
Placement tips: Dolby Home Theater Speaker Guide - Surround Sound Speaker Placement
- run your Pioneer's MCACC room-EQ program;
- go into the speaker set-up menu and ensure that all speakers are set to "small";
- verify the crossover settings; and
- tweak levels if/as desired.
Primary use is Movies/Television. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I was actually about to go at the Front Surround and get Polk Bookshelves either monitor 30's or the new replacement.
What do you mean by "front surrounds"? (Surrounds are usually on the side and/or at the back.) Regardless, if you're not happy with the Bose speakers, switching to Monitor 30s sounds like a good way to go, IMO.
And unless you're happy with the Power 12 Sub
(12" driver, 75W continuous, 35Hz @ -3dB), I'd consider upgrading that, too, with something like:
- a JBL ES250PBK ($200 @ Amazon.com)
- a Klipsch RW-12d (when on sale for $300-$350 @ Newegg.com)
- a Premier Acoustics PA-150 ($425 @ Amazon.com)
- SVS SB-1000 or PB-1000 ($499, shipped)