Ready for an upgrade of some kind..Klipsch F3...new speakers??...add a power amp?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-30-2013, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought a USED pair of klipsch F3's a little over a year ago...I was very impressed with them and still am. The speakers sound great at mid level but when turned up loud they don't sound as good to me. Im ready to start considering a step up from what I have..only if it will make a noticeable change. Currently powering them is my dads Yamaha 863...(I'm a college student)...they were hooked to my yamaha 1700 and will be again when I get my own place. Do I need to be looking into the reference line? Or buying a yamaha amp to add to the 1700 to push them harder? Not really sure about a price range...I didn't plan on spending $400 when I bought the f3's but thought they were well worth it after getting them home. Its going to be awhile before I pull the trigger on anything...just looking for suggestions. Thanks, -Aaron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-30-2013, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 102
I'm going to guess those speakers have a more difficult impedance curve then there BS specs would indicate. They should be capable of playing extremely loud, and do it cleanly. My guess is your amp is having issues with the pair of 8" woofers, which likely dip down to 4 ohms.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-31-2013, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

So you're suggesting I buy an external amp to hook to my yamaha? I bought a fairly expensive receiver bc I wanted to have plenty of power..advertised at 910 watts of total power...and somewhere around 120-130 a channel which I thought would be a plenty? And iv always been fairly disappointed with the bass the klipsch put out...
post #4 of 4 Old 01-31-2013, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

So you're suggesting I buy an external amp to hook to my yamaha? I bought a fairly expensive receiver bc I wanted to have plenty of power..advertised at 910 watts of total power...and somewhere around 120-130 a channel which I thought would be a plenty? And iv always been fairly disappointed with the bass the klipsch put out...
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page