B&W MM1 drivers?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-30-2013, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all,

Old B&W user recently upgraded to 805D's and when the wife isn't looking will sneak some 803D's into the mix. Will it ever end? However....

I just purchased MM1s a few days ago from a local chap who had then up on eBay. Following directions (sketchy at best) I downloaded the B&W Firmware updater. The directions then indicated that I should entered update mode (white light on) and on about the 3rd "next" I got an error message : No Device Found. Hmm?

Checking in windows 7 Control Panel>System>Device Manager I found an unidentified device with the auspicious yellow exclamation mark adjacent to it. No drivers! Windows updater was unable to locate anything (searching myself and using the automatic "find driver" feature of Win7),as was the case of a search of both the web and the B&W site. Wahhh!

Now the MM1 is stuck in white light mode and I'm reluctant to pull the plug in fear of damaging something. The remote has no effect-does not turn it on/off adjust volume, etc in any mode so far. I'm clueless (ask the wife) as to how to proceed. I don't know whether to return the speakers or call B&W in England.

Anyone have any experience in how to set these buggers up? Do I need a disk? It's been a couple of days of frustration and any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, except advice re: buying speakers on eBay. Hehehe.

Take pity on an old man.

Thanks in advance,
Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-30-2013, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How the heck did I wind up in the speaker forum? I thought that I was posting in the B&W thread. Oh well, old newbie at work.
Alan
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page