Need help - Pre-out to Polk PSW10 seemingly not working - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-30-2013, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

A little over a year ago I purchased a Polk PSW10 for my HT. I attempted to hook it up via pre-out from my 5 year old Pioneer receiver, but couldn't get any audio out of it, so I wired the front L + R speakers through it and used it that way.

I just purchased a Yamaha RX-V673 receiver, and am using the pre-out from there to the PSW10. Same thing. When doing manual audio tests, I can get audio out of the subwoofer when hooked up via pre-out, however when a game or movie is on, there's no sound at all. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Am I doing something wrong? Going from Sub 1 on my Yamaha to the L input on my subwoofer.

Thanks,

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 02:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Set all your speakers to SMALL and depending what speakers you have the crossover should be set to 80hz then all the low frequencies will be sent to the subwoofer.

Turn the low pass filter all the way to the right on your Polk sub.

What sources are you using? And what speakers do you have?

Afro GT
Old 01-31-2013, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
@afrogt - thanks for the input. After posting this I boosted the signal to the subwoofer by turning on bass boost in my receiver settings, boosted the db level, and turned the subwoofer from 'auto on' to 'ON'. This seemed to do the trick. It seems that, if it's set to 'auto', though a signal is coming through the subwoofer won't recognize it. Maybe the signal isn't strong enough, but it seems to be working now. I've got it much louder than I should for the volume that's coming out, but it is working.

Thanks again,

Kevin