If like X speaker, then try Y... Speaker thread. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-31-2013, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I realize that all speakers have there nuances...but I think most of us come to the forums looking for advice on what to buy. Of course, as we learn our questions go from "I have $300 what are the best speakers I can get."... to questions like "I have auditioned the PSB T6 and found mid-range wanting. Since these were designed by the same guy that did most of Paradigm speakers would it make sense to audition the Paradigm Studio 60's?"

So HOPEFULLY we get more educated as we go on... And we realize to a large extent ...people like what they like. To some a 25k speaker dosen't sound as good as a $800 speaker... So in the end it usually are the most active Fanboys that influance our purchase decisions.

Of course, almost everyone loves what they own...so then we find out that after reading thread after thread Fanboy X has educated himself more and now has moved on to Y... and we were all set based on his advice to go with X. So we get very confused too.

That being said... I think what we are looking for is a consolidated thread based on speakers that sound "similar" then break that down by price brackets. The best way I can think of doing this is by types of technolgies used in the speakers?

Example:

Qunitasential Example:

Klipsch - Horn Loaded Tweaters - (Postive Aspects: High Energy, Dynamic, High Effecency --- Negative Aspects: Fatiguing, Pitchy, Harsh Upper Range)

Klipsch Referance Series sound like:
Klipsch Icon Searis sound like:
Klipsch Heritage sound like:

Ribbon (more examples of technology defining speakers)

I am more that willing to put the time in to help everyone out... But being a realitve Newb myself... I need you vets to confirm this makes sense and I am not re-inventing the wheel (something already exists like this that I missed).
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page