Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-01-2013, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Hi Everyone...

so when I went to buy my setup I was restrained by the low power of my avr...thus i decideed not to get the aperions...

now i have since upgraded ot the xpa-5/onkyo 809 combo....I was wondering what i might be missing.

I am running the PSB B6 bookshelfs with C5 center.

anyone have a comparison of the two setups? I really like the sound of the PSB's I am just suffering from what ifs right now...plus the verus line is just gorgeous.

can anyone help?

Panasonic 65VT30 | Denon x4000 | Emotiva XPA-5 | Emotiva XSP-1 | Emotiva DC-1 | PSB imagine B's |PSB image c5 | PSB B4's | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp

My first HT build threadhttp://www.avsforum.com/forum/showth...ferrerid=29614
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-01-2013, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Brian I haven't heard the PSB's but the best way to find out is to order the Aperions. They have 30 day in home trial with free shipping both ways. That way you can compare them to each other in your home and with your ears. If you can swing it order the VGC also. It is a beast of a center channel. I have the VGTs, VGBs, and a VGC and I can tell you that while sound is extremely impressive to my untrained ears one of the best aspects of buying from Aperion is their customer service. If you decide to return there won't be any hassles. Great people to deal with and no better way to choose than to give them a listen.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-01-2013, 12:24 PM

Liked: 16
Hey Volfan...did you try out any other speakers first before settling on the Aperions? I checked out the Martin Logans Motion series and fell in love, as in head over heels, but wanted to try these as well. Any thoughts?

~Shaun
Yamaha RX-V765 / PSB B5's Fronts / PSB C4 Center / Micca R-65 In-Ceiling Rears / BIC F12 Sub
post #4 of 5 Old 02-01-2013, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Thank you for the insight. I might just give it a go smile.gif

Panasonic 65VT30 | Denon x4000 | Emotiva XPA-5 | Emotiva XSP-1 | Emotiva DC-1 | PSB imagine B's |PSB image c5 | PSB B4's | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp

My first HT build threadhttp://www.avsforum.com/forum/showth...ferrerid=29614
post #5 of 5 Old 02-01-2013, 02:12 PM

Liked: 22
Border as was said by someone else in your thread, if you and the wife fell for the MLs, go for them. I didn't listen to anything else. I read a ton of reviews over a 6 or 8 month period and decided on the Aperions. Got them setup and it was love at first listen. I didn't need to listen to anything else as far as I was concerned.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page