Speaker compatablity for my new home theater - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-04-2013, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I just sold my Samsung hw-c560s HTIB and used the $ to buy a used Denon 3310. First off, your thoughts on what kind of a deal you think I got on the Denon, and whether or not it is quality.

Secondly, for speakers, I ditched the Polk Blackstone idea in seach of lower frequencies, and I have decided I am going to have a Polk CS20 or CS10 center speaker, and a pair of tsi-200 for the front. I would like to know what you think of those choices of speakers to go with MY receiver specifically, and then just what you think about those speakers in general.

And lastly, what do you recommend for the other 4 surround and back speakers? I would like to go as small as possible on those, as I already caved in on getting the larger speakers for the front. I am in a 20x15 apt. I don't want to get the cops called on me...too often biggrin.gif

Maybe 4 Blackstone tl2's. Sounds fantastic in my mind!!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-04-2013, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 102
How much did you get the Denon for?

What's your budget for the speakers? Are you getting a sub and how does that factor into the budget?
post #3 of 5 Old 02-04-2013, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1 View Post

How much did you get the Denon for?

What's your budget for the speakers? Are you getting a sub and how does that factor into the budget?

Got the Denon for 3110 for $350 cash in mint condition.

I have resigned myself the fact that I am going to be going 2.1 for a month or two...choosing quality over 7.1 instant gratification. So, I would like to spend not a penny more than $400 out the door for two quality fronts and a center. I was thinking Polk CS10 or a CS20 center with two TSi 200's.

I already have a Polk psw-111. I like it just fine for the space I'm in. Nothing more powerful would be tolerated by neighbors, and I much prefer tighter, snappier, 80~100hz bass anyhow. I think 8" subs are good for that. So the sub does NOT factor into the budget. Sub and receiver are bought and paid for, as is 55" 120hz Samsung Led, and 16AWG OFC speaker wire which is run no more than 25'.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-04-2013, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Good deal for the receiver. The TSi's are really just a fancy looking version of the Monitor series, so it isnt a good deal.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-04-2013, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 201
The def tech sm350s have been on sale for right around 170/pr recently and those are an excellent speaker at that price. Very good base for a bookshelf. Downside, the true center for these is pretty hard to find!

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and SLS Q line Audio surrounds, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: JBL130, JBL120C and Klipsch synergy sub
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page