Looking for Good Speaker Setup Under $180 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-09-2013, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Samsung 32" TV that my computer, Xbox 360, Blu-ray, and cable TV are currently hooked up to. The TV speakers aren't cutting it and I'm looking to upgrade the crappy Durabrand speakers I bought about 10 years ago (I was like 13, didn't know any better). haha

Here's my dilemma: The three setups I've been looking at are the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1, the Swan D1080 IV, and the Samson MediaOne 4A speakers. I realize these are three very different types of speaker systems, one being a 2.1 and the others being "studio monitors," but I'm not 100% sure what the pros and cons between them are, and it's hard to distinguish these types of things when hearing their performance on YouTube with videos captures on poor quality camera mics. I like the specs on both, but specs don't always mean that they're "good." I'm also not looking to rattle the house, just enough low-end presence to keep the sound balanced. On the Klipsch, I'd probably rarely turn it past 30% on the sub.

The main thing I'm looking for a nice balanced EQ, good clarity, and something that I will get my hard-earned money out of. I listen to all types of music (from Michael Jackson to Killswitch Engage, Childish Gambino, and anything in between). Unfortunately, I don't have a receiver and can't exactly afford one at the moment, which is why I'm aimed at these "plug and play" systems.

Does anyone have any recommendations or can offer any other options that may fall within my price range? That would be a big help.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page