Best FRONT speakers to accompany Polk Blackstone 250 (125 max w per speaker @ 8ohm) + Polk psw-111 8" 150w nominal sub, & Denon 2310 Receiver - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-09-2013, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I would like to see if someone can recommend a solid pair of FRONT speakers to go with the system I already have. This is going to be the final purchase I will make for my HT for a few years. I can't spend more than $175 for the pair and I am open to used and refurbished.

The system will be used primarily for xbox 360 gaming and blu ray. Very little music.

The Denon puts out 105 w nominal at 8ohm, and the speakers I already have max at 125w @ 8ohm

The main focus will be on finding speakers that best MATCH the speakers I already have, while adding some depth to the sound.

NOTE: I already have 6 TL2 loud speakers, so I will be replacing two of them with these new bookshelf fronts...soooo just keeping what I already have is also an option if that's what you think will sound best. Thank you.

Do I have to then change the center speaker no matter what if I change the fronts?

Room is 20x15 ish 7.1 system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-09-2013, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 168
You don't have to change the Center channel but its recommended that you change the center channel from 99% of the people here

A pair of Polk Monitor 35b's or Monitor 45b's wouldn't be bad speakers to go with your TL's. Not 100% match but close

The Matching center channel to those speakers is the Polk Audio Monitor 15C Center Channel. Personally that is the center I would use but your welcome to try and use your TL2 center, it just doesn't match the other speakers
Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio Psw111 Subwoofer Single Black , Polk Audio 8 Inch Powered Subwoofer Psw111
Gear in this thread - Psw111 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page