Klipsch Quintet IV vs Polk TL150 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-12-2013, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Recently purchased Quintet IV's on clearance at Best Buy for around $140, but noticed the Polk TL150 set just come up for 180 (3 days later). Is there a difference/worth upgrading? I'm putting together a new (BUDGET) home theater system, the receiver for which is on the way (a Yamaha RX-V373 - didn't need airplay and can upgrade to discrete later on/as money permits).

I don't want to do bookshelf speakers in the current setup, though I realize satellites aren't as good. It's a visual/setup thing in my current studio apartment. The Quintet center is a little too tall to fit in my media centers unit directly under the tv (the center shelf), while the TL150's center is supposedly 1" shorter, so may fit. I've purchased the TL150 and they're holding it for a week, after which I get full refund. So... thoughts?

Also, any recommendations on a budget sub would be appreciated. I really need to keep it under $100. The PSW-10 is on sale for $99.99 through Amazon, and has good reviews. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-12-2013, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Keep the Quintet's and get yourself a psw10. The $40 extra on the TL150's will not even get you a $40 improvement so hold on to your money
post #3 of 4 Old 02-12-2013, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Great. I'll just build a shelf to elevate the tv a few inches so I can put the Quintet center in front of it without it looking too awkward. Thanks for the advice!

Just to verify (and I'm terrible at this wattage stuff) - my V373 won't have any problems with powering the Quintets?
post #4 of 4 Old 02-12-2013, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by miacane86 View Post

Great. I'll just build a shelf to elevate the tv a few inches so I can put the Quintet center in front of it without it looking too awkward. Thanks for the advice!

Just to verify (and I'm terrible at this wattage stuff) - my V373 won't have any problems with powering the Quintets?
there will be no issues with the v373
miacane86 likes this.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page