Totem Tribe 3 vs Monitor Audio Shadow 50 vs Sonos Play 5 and sub - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-12-2013, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone listened to the two and could give a good comparison between the, I am looking for some on wall speakers that could go two channel with a sub (thinking SVS SB12-NSD) for now in a foyer / bar area, and also be something that I would want to use in the future in a different application - perhaps rear speakers in a surround set up - but they are mainly going to get 2 channel use for the next couple years

I had though about a Sonos Play 5 pair and sub, but that is a closed system and spending ~1700 on something that would have limited use in the future did not appeal to me

I also need to get an AVR / 2 channel to power them, and I do not want to put a ton of money into the amp, because this is a secondary system, so what is the most economical way I can power these and have them be superior to the set up I just mentioned

the area they will be filling is 25'D x 13'W x 8' ceilings for now - but my main concern is future expandability

I also am considering the Mythos line, but they do not appeal as much to me as the design - the thin / wife factor is somewhat of an issue here - but open to other ideas