Klipsch WF-35 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 02-13-2013, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I can buy these new for $189/speaker (under $400 for the pair). Any owners out there that can give me any insight on these?

I currently have the infinity primus speakers (towers, center, and book shelf) in our living room upstairs, but want to build a HT system down in my basement. I really haven't set a budget, as I would spend quite a bit if the deal was good enough. However, I probably wouldn't go over $1,500 for a pair of towers.

I've read that a lot of people only look at the Reference Series when it comes to Klipsch. Anyone with insight into this?

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything"

XBL - TheLizardKingII

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-13-2013, 05:22 PM

Liked: 13
Just posted in the Klipsch thread about this topic. Replying here so you can go read it there.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-13-2013, 07:20 PM

Liked: 21
I've owned a set of the wf35 with center and surrounds and do not own them anymore. There are much better speakers out there.
post #4 of 7 Old 02-14-2013, 06:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
What didn't you like about them? I am looking at a set of them now for a large 18.5'x30' dedicated theater.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-18-2013, 08:02 PM

I try not trashing speakers publicly but I found them lacking in the mid range and they had a very unbalanced high range which was overpowering the room no matter how many times I ran audessy. Even in 2 channel I found them to be very harsh and forward. The volume levels of the room never changed as I increased the gain on my marantz receiver as the speakers just seemed to get louder without any real dynamics or energy that I got with other comparably priced speakers.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-18-2013, 08:22 PM

Liked: 13
And that's the biggest reason why we audition speakers. I've had the opposite reaction to this very same speaker, also with a Marantz receiver. Also what you described is what I consider desirable. Instead of a speaker 'opening up' at high volume, it should remain distortion free and natural. A speaker that sounds different when played at it's limit might be out of it's comfort zone. But in the end, the bottom line is still the same. Regardless of any reviews and comparisons you read online or hear from others, unless you hear them yourself and judge what YOU like - it's meaningless. smile.gif
post #7 of 7 Old 02-19-2013, 02:55 PM

Good points. Our hobby is so objective it is easy to forget that. I like to compare speakers to clothing styles as everyone has their own style they like. smile.gif
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page