So I have finally decided on either of the following 2 after tons and tons of going back and forth. I just got the Denon 1913 on a deal at Fry's last night -
Here are my devices -
1. Sony KDL46W4150 [46'' LCD TV with 120 Hz Motionflow 1080p]
2. Sony DAV-HDX576WF [Sony Home Theatre System]
5. Time Warner Scientific Atlantica Cable Box &
6. Apple TV
7. iPod Classic
My room includes - living, dining which extends into kitchen.
I am trying to replace the Home Theatre System (not particularly looking for HTiB, but open to it). It is 3 years old, but I was never happy with the sound and the quite often the 'wireless' rear speakers would lose connection. On music with deep bass this system was pathetic, on others I have never had the 'crystal clear sound experience'.
My requirements are the following:
1. 5.1 Channel; with an option to expand to 7.1 at a later date
2. Good output for classical/blu ray audio
3. Not the big size speakers, looking for small footprint in the house, as I live in an apartment
4. I watch a lot of Blu Ray's and listen to a ton of classical, world music.
Narrowed down to Energy 5.0 Take Classic Home Theater System + HSU STF-1 or
Def Tech Procinema 600 - ebay deal at $599
Budget - $600.
Is the Def Tech worth the extra $200 and do they sound much better than the Energy's? I haven't heard the Energy's but heard the DefTech 600 at Best Buy and liked them...
What are your thoughts. Would greatly help!