Have BP2002/RF3 mains but need center... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-16-2013, 02:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a set of Klipsch RF3 towers and a set of Definitive BP2002 mains... I've had the rf3s for years and recently got the 2002's as hand-me-downs from my parents. I have a few questions...

I really don't know what I want to do. I'm trying to do a 3.1 setup and have the sub and a Denon 1613 already. I want a setup thats going to be used evenly between movies/music/games. Not sure if I want to get a Klipsch center to match my RF3s (I really like my RF3s but am worried about their narrow sound-stage)... and I don't know if I want to spend 500ish to get the c/l/r to match the aging definitives... The other idea i had is to sell the definitives and get 3 speakers in the 1100 range. Is it reasonable to expect $500-600 for the bp2002s?

I want well rounded speakers. I've not listened to the 2002s much, but I like that their stereo stage is much more broad. I've heard good things about the 800 series Focals... any other thoughts suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-16-2013, 05:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 258
For that price, you could get a set of Wharfedale speakers that will sound a LOT better than either of the speakers you have now.

A pair of the Wharfedale Diamond 10.4 tower speakers is $799 at Music Direct, and the 10 CC center speaker is $250. Those are excellent speakers.

I am sure that you could sell what you have now and get more than half of the cost back.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-16-2013, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoggg12 View Post

I have a set of Klipsch RF3 towers and a set of Definitive BP2002 mains... I've had the rf3s for years and recently got the 2002's as hand-me-downs from my parents. I have a few questions...

I really don't know what I want to do. I'm trying to do a 3.1 setup and have the sub and a Denon 1613 already. I want a setup thats going to be used evenly between movies/music/games. Not sure if I want to get a Klipsch center to match my RF3s (I really like my RF3s but am worried about their narrow sound-stage)... and I don't know if I want to spend 500ish to get the c/l/r to match the aging definitives... The other idea i had is to sell the definitives and get 3 speakers in the 1100 range. Is it reasonable to expect $500-600 for the bp2002s?

I want well rounded speakers. I've not listened to the 2002s much, but I like that their stereo stage is much more broad. I've heard good things about the 800 series Focals... any other thoughts suggestions?

If you have the space and desire to run a mess of wires, you could use the 2002's as surrounds. You could also run full range to the sub woofers for multiple subs in the room. biggrin.gif

Espo77
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page