Recent problem with one of my front speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-16-2013, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This happened about 30 minutes ago. My son was playing a video game on my system....the front right speaker (Klipsch RF-52) had a crackle noise to it during any gunfire or explosion. Didn't crackle in other speaker. I had him turn it off, played a video, and it sounded fine. Now, while playing a movie, if I switch the surround modes (Direct, DTS NEO:6, 7 channel, etc) it makes a small pop at each switch. Only pops during the switch of modes, not after.

My receiver is a Denon AVR 2310 CI.............do I have a piece of equipment fixing to fail on me?

Update: I just hit the surround mode to test again, loud pop, receiver shuts down and power button flashes red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-16-2013, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Thompson View Post

This happened about 30 minutes ago. My son was playing a video game on my system....the front right speaker (Klipsch RF-52) had a crackle noise to it during any gunfire or explosion. Didn't crackle in other speaker. I had him turn it off, played a video, and it sounded fine. Now, while playing a movie, if I switch the surround modes (Direct, DTS NEO:6, 7 channel, etc) it makes a small pop at each switch. Only pops during the switch of modes, not after.

My receiver is a Denon AVR 2310 CI.............do I have a piece of equipment fixing to fail on me?

Update: I just hit the surround mode to test again, loud pop, receiver shuts down and power button flashes red
I suspect one of your surround or center channel speakers has a shorted wire. Disconnect your speakers at the receiver end one at a time until it no longer shuts down.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-16-2013, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tried all the speakers. then tried the HDMI chords. It seems as though when my HDMI chords are pulled out/wiggled/put in - the right front speaker pops. Tried two different inputs and two different cords. Both cords were pretty used, Monday I will buy new cords and see if there is a difference.

Could it just be bad cords? or could it be something internal with the inputs on the AVR?
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page