JTR Noesis 228HT - The best speaker you never heard of for ~ $1200 pricepoint. - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 8Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #271 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 12:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 9,439
Mentioned: 349 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2488 Post(s)
Liked: 2116
Going to bed - not gonna be able to finish it tonight - but impressions are EXCELLENT on this setup. The center dialogue is crystal clear, I had no problem understanding anything, even with the lower volumes. Sound was excellent!

I will not hoard audio gear
I will not hoard audio gear
I will not hoard audio gear
Archaea's FS Thread
Archaea is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jedirun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

Jedirun - I usually end up turning off Audyssey as well. I toy back and forth - but typically find I like it better off and just use it to set levels, distances, etc.
Sometimes I wish there was an option to have Audyssey on, just for the sub. I have not yet heard how the 228's sounded with Audyssey, so I should not judge yet. I ended up liking Audyssey on with my Triple 8's.
Jedirun is offline  
post #273 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,342
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1529 Post(s)
Liked: 1016
Well I have decided. I am going to place my order for the 212's and I am going to pair with a 228 for center dialogue. I am going to pair this all to a new Denon 4520. Just have to decide if I am going to upgrade the cabinets to rosewood.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #274 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 08:34 AM
Senior Member
 
VicTorious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedirun View Post

Sometimes I wish there was an option to have Audyssey on, just for the sub. I have not yet heard how the 228's sounded with Audyssey, so I should not judge yet. I ended up liking Audyssey on with my Triple 8's.

I've been trying to find out how to run Audyssey only below 200hz as well. Does anyone know if this is possible?
VicTorious1 is online now  
post #275 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 08:40 AM
Senior Member
 
VicTorious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Archaea, Jedirun, or anyone with the Noesis speakers, would you describe the 228HT or the 212HT as forward at all?
VicTorious1 is online now  
post #276 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,709
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1475 Post(s)
Liked: 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedirun View Post

Sometimes I wish there was an option to have Audyssey on, just for the sub. I have not yet heard how the 228's sounded with Audyssey, so I should not judge yet. I ended up liking Audyssey on with my Triple 8's.

I added some room treatments and re-ran a full Audyssey for the umpteenth time this week. I also removed the attenuators from the 212's and sure enough Audyssey set them to -12db. I ended up leaving them off and bumped my ref level to -5db. Listened to some MC music and preferred Audyssey off. Then watched Zero Dark Thirty last night (Audyssey off) and the sound was stellar. Looks like Audyssey will be off for the time being.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

Well I have decided. I am going to place my order for the 212's and I am going to pair with a 228 for center dialogue. I am going to pair this all to a new Denon 4520. Just have to decide if I am going to upgrade the cabinets to rosewood.

Not to push you but it would be great to see the 212's and 228 done in the rosewood finish ... cool.gif

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is online now  
post #277 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 8,004
Mentioned: 342 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2057 Post(s)
Liked: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicTorious1 View Post

Archaea, Jedirun, or anyone with the Noesis speakers, would you describe the 228HT or the 212HT as forward at all?

Hmm not sure how to describe it. If you mean bright or harsh absolutely not. The 212's sound crystal clear with no listener fatigue whatsoever - I should know, I waste far too much time with my butt on the couch listening to music. During any given "listening session" I get more drawn in over time, not less making it hard to stop listening. Ha, sometimes I wish I did get some listener fatigue so I'd get more sleep. biggrin.gif
carp is offline  
post #278 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 8,560
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2522 Post(s)
Liked: 1992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedirun View Post

Sometimes I wish there was an option to have Audyssey on, just for the sub. I have not yet heard how the 228's sounded with Audyssey, so I should not judge yet. I ended up liking Audyssey on with my Triple 8's.

What about using an Anti-mode 8033 to just EQ your sub?

http://www.dspeaker.com/en/products/anti-mode-8033.shtml
jbrown15 is offline  
post #279 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,709
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1475 Post(s)
Liked: 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

Hmm not sure how to describe it. If you mean bright or harsh absolutely not. The 212's sound crystal clear with no listener fatigue whatsoever - I should know, I waste far too much time with my butt on the couch listening to music. During any given "listening session" I get more drawn in over time, not less making it hard to stop listening. Ha, sometimes I wish I did get some listener fatigue so I'd get more sleep. biggrin.gif

Forward is one of those audiophile terms that leaves me scratching my head. Like Carp I would interpret that as meaning bright or harsh. The 212 does have a significantly upgraded CD and so should be a bit smoother on the top end than the 228. My 212's have excellent midrange/high frequency and I think everyone who has heard them would describe them similarly.

It seems a lot of people stay on the fence for these purchases and based upon the dollar amount I understand their trepidation. Hearing them is the only way to know if they are for you and anything else is a leap of faith.

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is online now  
post #280 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Member
 
willswing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

What about using an Anti-mode 8033 to just EQ your sub?

http://www.dspeaker.com/en/products/anti-mode-8033.shtml

I'm waiting for a pair of the 228's, and thats my plan to use the DSPeaker AntiMode 8033S-II.
The only problem i see at this point is, that i don't know how to cut the frequency for the 228's at 60-80, because i only use a 2-channel pre amp
and a power amp.

What happens if i drive the 228's in full range?
willswing is offline  
post #281 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,342
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1529 Post(s)
Liked: 1016
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

I added some room treatments and re-ran a full Audyssey for the umpteenth time this week. I also removed the attenuators from the 212's and sure enough Audyssey set them to -12db. I ended up leaving them off and bumped my ref level to -5db. Listened to some MC music and preferred Audyssey off. Then watched Zero Dark Thirty last night (Audyssey off) and the sound was stellar. Looks like Audyssey will be off for the time being.
Not to push you but it would be great to see the 212's and 228 done in the rosewood finish ... cool.gif
I just got off the phone with Jeff a little bit ago and I ordered them in black. As much as I wanted to get the rosewood finish, the black were kinda growing on me and I was also trying to stay under 6K. Now the dreaded wait!!
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #282 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,709
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1475 Post(s)
Liked: 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

I just got off the phone with Jeff a little bit ago and I ordered them in black. As much as I wanted to get the rosewood finish, the black were kinda growing on me and I was also trying to stay under 6K. Now the dreaded wait!!

cool.gif
The standard finish is fine and tough as nails. No worries about bumping or scratching them and I think they use the baltic birch 13ply that is much more durable than the pretty MDF with wood veneer.

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is online now  
post #283 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,342
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1529 Post(s)
Liked: 1016
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

cool.gif
The standard finish is fine and tough as nails. No worries about bumping or scratching them and I think they use the baltic birch 13ply that is much more durable than the pretty MDF with wood veneer.
A similar finish on my PSA XV-30s. Be nice to keep it all uniform.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #284 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 12:10 PM
Senior Member
 
VicTorious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

Forward is one of those audiophile terms that leaves me scratching my head. Like Carp I would interpret that as meaning bright or harsh. The 212 does have a significantly upgraded CD and so should be a bit smoother on the top end than the 228. My 212's have excellent midrange/high frequency and I think everyone who has heard them would describe them similarly.

It seems a lot of people stay on the fence for these purchases and based upon the dollar amount I understand their trepidation. Hearing them is the only way to know if they are for you and anything else is a leap of faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

Hmm not sure how to describe it. If you mean bright or harsh absolutely not. The 212's sound crystal clear with no listener fatigue whatsoever - I should know, I waste far too much time with my butt on the couch listening to music. During any given "listening session" I get more drawn in over time, not less making it hard to stop listening. Ha, sometimes I wish I did get some listener fatigue so I'd get more sleep. biggrin.gif

What I meant by forward was do they have a deep soundstage? I know the JTR's are probably much different than the Tektons, but when A/B-ing the M-Lores to the Phil 2s (even though level matched), the Phil's soundstage was much deeper (and wider as well). It felt like with the Tektons the voices and instruments were closer even though at the same volume level. I know the Phils have an open baffle design so that could be the main contributor. I'm not a huge fan of audiophile language, but it can be difficult to describe sound.

I'm thinking of moving my Phils to a two channel room and getting the 228HT LCR for my HT.
VicTorious1 is online now  
post #285 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,709
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1475 Post(s)
Liked: 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicTorious1 View Post


What I meant by forward was do they have a deep soundstage? I know the JTR's are probably much different than the Tektons, but when A/B-ing the M-Lores to the Phil 2s (even though level matched), the Phil's soundstage was much deeper (and wider as well). It felt like with the Tektons the voices and instruments were closer even though at the same volume level. I know the Phils have an open baffle design so that could be the main contributor. I'm not a huge fan of audiophile language, but it can be difficult to describe sound.

I'm thinking of moving my Phils to a two channel room and getting the 228HT LCR for my HT.

I think the depth thing is one of those three dimensional descriptors that I never really understood about audio. Jim Salk credits a speakers dispersion characteristics and off axis performance as main factors in creating a wider and deeper soundstage. The Noesis 60/40 horn actually produce a narrower dispersion pattern than the coaxial based Triple 8's and 12's yet, they have better off axis performance within that pattern and to me have a wider sound presentation.

In any case, LCR's playing MC audio will have a much different sound presentation than a 2 channel stereo system and so many of the traditional stereo terms are not really interchangeable IMHO.

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is online now  
post #286 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Senior Member
 
VicTorious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 72
I don't do a lot of MC audio listening. I'd use the JTRs for the theater room, but we do a decent amount of two channel listening there as well.
VicTorious1 is online now  
post #287 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,709
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1475 Post(s)
Liked: 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicTorious1 View Post

I don't do a lot of MC audio listening. I'd use the JTRs for the theater room, but we do a decent amount of two channel listening there as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicTorious1 View Post

I don't do a lot of MC audio listening. I'd use the JTRs for the theater room, but we do a decent amount of two channel listening there as well.

Then I'd say that your idea of using the Philharmonic's for 2 channel is a good one. I did not enjoy multichannel music until I had well matched MC speakers and then found some well recorded MC music (Steve Stevens - Flamenco. A Go Go DVD-A comes to mind). Now 90% of my music listening is to live Bluray recordings with good Dolby or DTS MC audio.

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is online now  
post #288 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jedirun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 49
[quote name="VicTorious1" url="/t/1458711/jtr-noesis-228ht-the-best-speaker-you-never-heard-of-for-1100-pricepoint/270#post_23116253"
I'm thinking of moving my Phils to a two channel room and getting the 228HT LCR for my HT.[/quote]

I think that is the way to go. You will not be dissapointed by the 228's and you already stated in another post, how much you like the Phil2's. You will have the best of both worlds.
Jedirun is offline  
post #289 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 9,439
Mentioned: 349 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2488 Post(s)
Liked: 2116
228HT are EXCELLENT for home theater!

I will not hoard audio gear
I will not hoard audio gear
I will not hoard audio gear
Archaea's FS Thread
Archaea is offline  
post #290 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jedirun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

What about using an Anti-mode 8033 to just EQ your sub?

http://www.dspeaker.com/en/products/anti-mode-8033.shtml

That is a pretty good idea,and one I might toy with if I don't like what Audyssey does to the 228's. For now, I hope I like it. I don't want to buy anything else. I still have to pay the contractor to hide my Triple 8 surrounds.

I have not run Audyssey yet, so I do not want to speak poorly of it without hearing the result. I am just saying that the system, including the sub, sounds great, even without it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

I added some room treatments and re-ran a full Audyssey for the umpteenth time this week. I also removed the attenuators from the 212's and sure enough Audyssey set them to -12db. I ended up leaving them off and bumped my ref level to -5db. Listened to some MC music and preferred Audyssey off. Then watched Zero Dark Thirty last night (Audyssey off) and the sound was stellar. Looks like Audyssey will be off for the time being.

RMK, I seem to remember you running a sub eq in addition to Audyssey for your Orbit Shifters in the past. Are you still using it?
Jedirun is offline  
post #291 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 8,560
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2522 Post(s)
Liked: 1992
I was a set on getting rid of my Pioneer VSX21TXH because it didn't have Audyssey XT32 and I wanted to be able to EQ dual subs and my room speakers. But after reading from various JTR owners it seems that have been more then one comment about guys not liking what it does to their JTR speakers and just end up turning it off.

So I figured I'd keep my current receiver and pick up an Anti-mode 8033.
jbrown15 is offline  
post #292 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,709
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1475 Post(s)
Liked: 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedirun View Post

That is a pretty good idea,and one I might toy with if I don't like what Audyssey does to the 228's. For now, I hope I like it. I don't want to buy anything else. I still have to pay the contractor to hide my Triple 8 surrounds.

I have not run Audyssey yet, so I do not want to speak poorly of it without hearing the result. I am just saying that the system, including the sub, sounds great, even without it.
RMK, I seem to remember you running a sub eq in addition to Audyssey for your Orbit Shifters in the past. Are you still using it?

Nope, I've owned several SMS-1's but have been using Audyssey XT32 for the last 18 months. I'm liking the Audyssey off sound better (as of today) and may run it that way for a while. After discussing MC music in the Thread I dug up that Steve Stevens DVD-A and gave it a spin this afternoon. It sounded better than ever. That disk is a great test for dynamics.cool.gif

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is online now  
post #293 of 601 Old 03-23-2013, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jedirun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

Nope, I've owned several SMS-1's but have been using Audyssey XT32 for the last 18 months. I'm liking the Audyssey off sound better (as of today) and may run it that way for a while. After discussing MC music in the Thread I dug up that Steve Stevens DVD-A and gave it a spin this afternoon. It sounded better than ever. That disk is a great test for dynamics.cool.gif
After all of this talk, I ran Audyssey and did some listening while blindly toggling the eq setting between manual, off and Audyssey several times per song. I ended up picking the Audyssey on setting.

I am really really likening these speakers for music. We will watch our first full movie tonight.
Jedirun is offline  
post #294 of 601 Old 03-24-2013, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RMK!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 95608
Posts: 7,709
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1475 Post(s)
Liked: 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedirun View Post

After all of this talk, I ran Audyssey and did some listening while blindly toggling the eq setting between manual, off and Audyssey several times per song. I ended up picking the Audyssey on setting.

I am really really likening these speakers for music. We will watch our first full movie tonight.

Yeah, that's the thing with Audyssey. Every time I run it I get slightly different results ... so my relationship with this software has been a bit of an Odyssey wink.gif. I definitely preferred Audyssey off with music yesterday as it seems to remove the live factor. I haven't watched a movie yet but we may view the Hobbit (3D) if there is time tonight so that should be a good test.

Opinions are not facts.
RMK! is online now  
post #295 of 601 Old 03-24-2013, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jedirun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

Yeah, that's the thing with Audyssey. Every time I run it I get slightly different results ... so my relationship with this software has been a bit of an Odyssey wink.gif. I definitely preferred Audyssey off with music yesterday as it seems to remove the live factor. I haven't watched a movie yet but we may view the Hobbit (3D) if there is time tonight so that should be a good test.
Usually I feel like Audyssy puts a slight veil over the sound and like you said, eliminates the live feeling of the music. However, yesterday it was the exact opposite. It sounded more live with it on. Probably next time I run it, which will be when I have the surrounds installed, I will be back to liking it off.
Jedirun is offline  
post #296 of 601 Old 03-24-2013, 01:15 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
hogues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 764
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Reading this thread got me thinking. I'm going to eventually have Chad B calibrate my display. I noticed that he also does audio with Audyssey pro as well as speaker placement, etc. Do you guys think that this would be helpful in an untreated room? I really am lost when it comes to this stuff. Thanks.

hogues is offline  
post #297 of 601 Old 03-24-2013, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jedirun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogues View Post

Reading this thread got me thinking. I'm going to eventually have Chad B calibrate my display. I noticed that he also does audio with Audyssey pro as well as speaker placement, etc. Do you guys think that this would be helpful in an untreated room? I really am lost when it comes to this stuff. Thanks.
I think that it would be helpful, especially in an untreated room. Having someone who really knows what they are doing with Audyssey may also lead to better results.
Jedirun is offline  
post #298 of 601 Old 03-27-2013, 06:47 AM
Member
 
willswing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by willswing View Post

I'm waiting for a pair of the 228's, and thats my plan to use the DSPeaker AntiMode 8033S-II.
The only problem i see at this point is, that i don't know how to cut the frequency for the 228's at 60-80, because i only use a 2-channel pre amp
and a power amp.

What happens if i drive the 228's in full range?
willswing is offline  
post #299 of 601 Old 03-27-2013, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jedirun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by willswing View Post

I'm waiting for a pair of the 228's, and thats my plan to use the DSPeaker AntiMode 8033S-II.
The only problem i see at this point is, that i don't know how to cut the frequency for the 228's at 60-80, because i only use a 2-channel pre amp
and a power amp.

What happens if i drive the 228's in full range?

I do not think you will hurt the speakers running them full range, but you could buy some line level crossovers and put them between the pre and amp.

Assuming you are using a sub, you might be able to use it's crossover as a high pass filter for the 228's. Of course that depends on the sub having that capability.
Jedirun is offline  
post #300 of 601 Old 03-27-2013, 08:16 AM
Member
 
willswing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I tried using my subs crossover, with my present speakers, but after using the DSpeaker calibration, the sound is sooooo distorted and bad.
DSpeaker works after i connected back to drive the mains full range again.

Thanks for the tip about line level crossovers.....something like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Home-Amplifier-Subwoofer-Equalizer-Crossover-RCA-Adjust-Line-Level-Volume-/261069735934?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc8f807fe&vxp=mtr
willswing is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off