JTR Noesis 228HT - The best speaker you never heard of for ~ $1200 pricepoint. - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #541 of 546 Old 08-13-2014, 08:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Most is who bought the Noesis listen to more music than we anticipated.

Did you get a quote from Jeff on the shipped price of the triple eight vs. 228ht? I'd start there.

The triple eight I'd auditioned before, in several rooms and in my room too. They were very good, but not quite enough to make me open my wallet. However the 228ht audition in my room made me excited to buy and turned me into a JTR speaker owner(I had their subs before). My room was not treated, and the controlled directivity of the Noesis wave guide was a big boon! The triple eight are excellent for movies though in each and every room I auctioned them in, so if that's your bent, look no further.

There is a set of triple twelves in the classified right now for 3100 used so that might be something to consider too - big brother to the triple eight.

Thanks for taking time to reply. I'm 100% or as close as you can get. I do have one Kings of Leon Blu-ray but that's it. So it sounds like the Triple 8 HT's would be perfect. However, I would need stands so that would get me $100 away from the trip 12's. I was wondering if I could move the driver with the compression tweeter to the top of the triple 12 's so it's at ear level and then go with a triple 8 for a center?

I saw the Triple 12's in the classifieds and that's what actually got me to call Jeff. The guy lives in Sacramento and doesn't have boxes. I called Jeff to price boxes and it's cost prohibitive. That's when I learned the HT's were on close out "because everyone is buying the noesis" and for consolidation reasons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 546 Old 08-13-2014, 09:08 AM
SeƱor Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron5 View Post
Thanks for taking time to reply. I'm 100% or as close as you can get. I do have one Kings of Leon Blu-ray but that's it. So it sounds like the Triple 8 HT's would be perfect. However, I would need stands so that would get me $100 away from the trip 12's. I was wondering if I could move the driver with the compression tweeter to the top of the triple 12 's so it's at ear level and then go with a triple 8 for a center?

I saw the Triple 12's in the classifieds and that's what actually got me to call Jeff. The guy lives in Sacramento and doesn't have boxes. I called Jeff to price boxes and it's cost prohibitive. That's when I learned the HT's were on close out "because everyone is buying the noesis" and for consolidation reasons.
Those were my Triple 12's and they have the latest Triple's compression driver and crossover. If you are up to the long drive it might be worth it and yes, you can easily move the coaxial to the upper position.

If you decide to do that let me know and you can come by for a quick demo of the 215RT's ...
Baron5 likes this.

HToM

"Well, la di fricken da."!
post #543 of 546 Old 11-20-2014, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 11
How are people setting up a JTR system for Atmos?
post #544 of 546 Unread Today, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 848
You could use a single eight or a slanted eight on the ceiling, or wait for Jeff to release a ceiling type box soon.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint
post #545 of 546 Unread Today, 07:48 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I think that I'm going to wait to see what Jeff comes up with before I make any decision.

post #546 of 546 Unread Today, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 66
What are the odds he'd do a 6" coaxial in-ceiling??
Reply Speakers

Tags
Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 212ht by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page