JTR Noesis 228HT - The best speaker you never heard of for ~ $1200 pricepoint. - Page 19 - AVS Forum
First ... 17  18  19
Speakers > JTR Noesis 228HT - The best speaker you never heard of for ~ $1200 pricepoint.
Baron5's Avatar Baron5 08:56 AM 08-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Most is who bought the Noesis listen to more music than we anticipated.

Did you get a quote from Jeff on the shipped price of the triple eight vs. 228ht? I'd start there.

The triple eight I'd auditioned before, in several rooms and in my room too. They were very good, but not quite enough to make me open my wallet. However the 228ht audition in my room made me excited to buy and turned me into a JTR speaker owner(I had their subs before). My room was not treated, and the controlled directivity of the Noesis wave guide was a big boon! The triple eight are excellent for movies though in each and every room I auctioned them in, so if that's your bent, look no further.

There is a set of triple twelves in the classified right now for 3100 used so that might be something to consider too - big brother to the triple eight.

Thanks for taking time to reply. I'm 100% or as close as you can get. I do have one Kings of Leon Blu-ray but that's it. So it sounds like the Triple 8 HT's would be perfect. However, I would need stands so that would get me $100 away from the trip 12's. I was wondering if I could move the driver with the compression tweeter to the top of the triple 12 's so it's at ear level and then go with a triple 8 for a center?

I saw the Triple 12's in the classifieds and that's what actually got me to call Jeff. The guy lives in Sacramento and doesn't have boxes. I called Jeff to price boxes and it's cost prohibitive. That's when I learned the HT's were on close out "because everyone is buying the noesis" and for consolidation reasons.

RMK!'s Avatar RMK! 09:08 AM 08-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron5 View Post
Thanks for taking time to reply. I'm 100% or as close as you can get. I do have one Kings of Leon Blu-ray but that's it. So it sounds like the Triple 8 HT's would be perfect. However, I would need stands so that would get me $100 away from the trip 12's. I was wondering if I could move the driver with the compression tweeter to the top of the triple 12 's so it's at ear level and then go with a triple 8 for a center?

I saw the Triple 12's in the classifieds and that's what actually got me to call Jeff. The guy lives in Sacramento and doesn't have boxes. I called Jeff to price boxes and it's cost prohibitive. That's when I learned the HT's were on close out "because everyone is buying the noesis" and for consolidation reasons.
Those were my Triple 12's and they have the latest Triple's compression driver and crossover. If you are up to the long drive it might be worth it and yes, you can easily move the coaxial to the upper position.

If you decide to do that let me know and you can come by for a quick demo of the 215RT's ...
Tin_Can's Avatar Tin_Can 05:52 PM 11-20-2014
How are people setting up a JTR system for Atmos?
Archaea's Avatar Archaea 06:54 AM 11-23-2014
You could use a single eight or a slanted eight on the ceiling, or wait for Jeff to release a ceiling type box soon.
hogues's Avatar hogues 07:48 AM 11-23-2014
I think that I'm going to wait to see what Jeff comes up with before I make any decision.
7channelfreak's Avatar 7channelfreak 01:55 PM 11-23-2014
What are the odds he'd do a 6" coaxial in-ceiling??
Archaea's Avatar Archaea 04:43 PM 11-23-2014
Probably not real high unless you custom order. I suspect he'd most easily just change the single eight box to be a flatter design with the same internal volume and go with that for a ceiling mount box.
hogues's Avatar hogues 08:44 PM 11-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7channelfreak View Post
What are the odds he'd do a 6" coaxial in-ceiling??
As the kids say on the interwebs... this!
Archaea's Avatar Archaea 12:27 PM 11-24-2014
review from the JTR speaker thread posted yesterday about the 228HT
Official JTR speaker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post
Just watched into the storm with the new 228s. Jeeezzee that movie seemed loud. I couldn't watch at reference level, not even close. It was a great test for these speakers, there was a lot of dynamic range which they handled with ease. I also noticed a lot of higher pitch stuff like water spraying, wind blowing, glass shattering, metal crunching and scraping sounds that would get very fatiging if u didn't have the right speakers. This I where I was most impressed with the 228s. Even cranked with those higher sounds my ears never felt strained. Klipsch basically ruined any chance of me buying any kind of horn speaker years ago when I heard them and had ear fatigue in 10ins. Not at all the case with the 228s. The speakers continue to impress me

Frank D's Avatar Frank D 09:04 PM 11-24-2014
How would these 228 compare to my Triad Classic Golds for LCR?
Triad Classic Gold specs:
-90 db 1w/1m sensitive
-max power ratting 200 watts
-single 1" dome tweeter mounted into a dispersion control lens
-two 6.5 inch woofers
-4 ohms
-80 hz to 20 kHz +/- 3 db

I like to watch movies at -10 on volume control
I sit about 8 feet from my LCR channels and have a dedicated and treated HT.

Separate questions:
If I kept my four triad dipole Golds as surrounds, would they mix well with 228 as my LCR?

Thanks.
rhed's Avatar rhed 09:36 PM 11-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
How would these 228 compare to my Triad Classic Golds for LCR?
Triad Classic Gold specs:
-90 db 1w/1m sensitive
-max power ratting 200 watts
-single 1" dome tweeter mounted into a dispersion control lens
-two 6.5 inch woofers
-4 ohms
-80 hz to 20 kHz +/- 3 db

I like to watch movies at -10 on volume control
I sit about 8 feet from my LCR channels and have a dedicated and treated HT.

Separate questions:
If I kept my four triad dipole Golds as surrounds, would they mix well with 228 as my LCR?

Thanks.
228HT specs
http://jtrspeakers.com/home-audio/noesis-228ht/
Tags: Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
First ... 17  18  19

Up
Mobile  Desktop