KEF KHT2005.3 or KHT3005se 5.1 series - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-17-2013, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wondering if someone here has either the KHT2005.3 or KHT3005se 5.1 systems with the Kube 1 or Kube 2 subwoofer that can let me know what you think of them? How do they sound? Any problems with them? Is the KHT2005.3 center channel speaker good enough with only one driver?
Why is the KEF warranty only 1 year? I have tried the Polk TL2 blackstones with a PSW111 sub but had a issue right away with one of the Satellite speakers so never got a chance to really enjoy them. I now have the Energy Take Classic 5.1 system which really surprise me on how good they sound for what little they cost. My thoughts are if these Energy's sound this good then the KEF's must sound Incredible as they cost 3 times as much. I was also thinking of the DEF TECH Pro cinema 800 or 1000's but really like the style of the KEF's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Living room; Samsung UN55F7100 3D LED, Marantz SR5008, Oppo BDP-103, Definitive Mytho's GEM XL, Definitive Pro Center 1000, Definitive Di 5.5R in ceilings, SVS SB-1000 subwoofer, Comcast DVR HD box.

Garage; Sherwood RX-4105 2 channel stereo receiver, Samsung DVD-C500 CD player, Klipsch KG 2.5 med oak speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-17-2013, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 45
I have a pair of 2001.2 in use with my computer 2.1 system. They are excellent little speakers that i have had for about 7 years with no issues.

They were originally the rears in my 5.1, but upgraditis had me move the iQ1 from the front to the rear and replaced the fronts with iQ3s.

I have had great experience with Kef speakers.

I also had a pair of DefTech PM800 in a living room 2.1. Amazing little speakers for their size, but if you have the room go for the PM1000 instead.

Great sound from both lines, but if you want an HT that will fill a decent sized room, and you don't want to upgrade in less than 2 years - go for the PM1000 (3 across the front if you can, otherwise 2 PM1000 and a PC2000 for centre) and either PM1000 or PM800 for rears. Don't get the proCinema system as there are much better subs out there.

post #3 of 3 Old 02-18-2013, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks for the response. It's really hard to find any reviews on the KEF KHT 5.1 speaker sets that i listed here. I really like the style of them. They would go good with my living room set up. I was hoping someone here on this forum had either set and could give me some info on them. There is no KEF dealers or showrooms that carry the KHT series anywhere close to where i live so that kills going and checking them out. The Def Tech's were my 2nd choice. I was going to go with the PM800's with the PC1000 center because of the size factor. My living room is not real large but is open on just about every wall. My sub does sit in a 3 wall corner (including the TV consol) so it produces surprizing bass for what ever sub sits there. so i don't need a big or powerful subwoofer. If fact the Energy ESW-8 which people claim is not a very good sub i am using now is more then enough. It actually rattles my glass mirror on the back wall and moves the vertical blindes on my glass sliding door that sits parallel to the sub. It's the best part of the Energy Take Classic 5.1 system.

The Energy's don't sound bad. I am using a Yamaha RX-V673 receiver. I just was thinking if these sound as good as they do then stepping up to the KEF's (1st choice) or the larger then the Energy's Def Tech proCinema 800 set ( 2nd choice) i would be satisfied more.

Living room; Samsung UN55F7100 3D LED, Marantz SR5008, Oppo BDP-103, Definitive Mytho's GEM XL, Definitive Pro Center 1000, Definitive Di 5.5R in ceilings, SVS SB-1000 subwoofer, Comcast DVR HD box.

Garage; Sherwood RX-4105 2 channel stereo receiver, Samsung DVD-C500 CD player, Klipsch KG 2.5 med oak speakers
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page