Polk Audio FXi A4 are they good? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-18-2013, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
hi i have now 2 book shelf speakers for surrouns but i was thinking of getting the polk audio Polk Audio FXi A4 or fxi a6? what do you think of these as sorriunds? i klke the idea of bi pole di ploe? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-18-2013, 01:29 PM

Liked: 13
I have the FXi A6s and they're pretty nice, they match my RTi A7 fronts perfectly but my room is a nightmare for surround so I've never had them set up in good locations and I'm trying to sell mine. They deliver a pretty surprising amount of bass (Audyssey keeps trying to set them as large, but that's not a good idea, they should be crossed over at least at 60Hz if not 80Hz). If you can properly setup dipole surrounds, they can be pretty great but only for people sitting in-line with the two speakers, anyone too far in front of or behind them won't get the appropriate surround effect so I prefer to use them in bipole mode hung on the rear wall so the woofer and tweeter are angled towards the couch.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-18-2013, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post

I have the FXi A6s and they're pretty nice, they match my RTi A7 fronts perfectly but my room is a nightmare for surround so I've never had them set up in good locations and I'm trying to sell mine. They deliver a pretty surprising amount of bass (Audyssey keeps trying to set them as large, but that's not a good idea, they should be crossed over at least at 60Hz if not 80Hz). If you can properly setup dipole surrounds, they can be pretty great but only for people sitting in-line with the two speakers, anyone too far in front of or behind them won't get the appropriate surround effect so I prefer to use them in bipole mode hung on the rear wall so the woofer and tweeter are angled towards the couch.
well i plan on putting them on the side about 2 feet behind the back row...will this work? how much do you want to sell them for? and iam in toronto area? thanks
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page