Surround Sounds ~$800.00 that I can wall / ceiling mount (not in wall) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-18-2013, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Money is flowing out my wallet quicker than I can say "wow". Front speakers are purchased. Center is being finalized now. Sub decision is 85% made. Reciever ...90% positive on.

Now on to surrounds. I would like to wall / ceiling mound these guys (not in-wall) about 10 feet behind me in the L/R corners toed in to the center. Since they are 10 ft away they cant be itty biddy speakers.

I am building a very nice 5.1 system...but am reminded to put the money where it matters...and surrounds don't matter (too much)... That being said...I dont want them to fall down too hard. Weak links blow...and the Wife will not let me do this again...until we both are so old we can't remember each other names...then maybe I can do this again.

I have read through 100 plus posts on surround bipole/dipole threads..and I think I am going with direct speakers...obviously bookshelf that can be easily mounted.

So...what you guys think? Maybe HSU? Was also looking at NHT Absolute Zero. Or even Aperion may work, EMP, Ascend may work. I was looking ath the Philcenters since my L/R/C are all Dennis being the honest guy he is...said he tought the Phil Monitors were overkill for surrounds.

So like I have done in the past...I am trying to do all the research (probably realizing its all counterdictory) and going with Dennis's recommendation... But I at least feel better going through the motions.

What sound range should I be looking at?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-18-2013, 09:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Well, if you intend on corner mounting, you're definitely going to want a speaker specifically designed for that placement if ideal performance is desired

http://www.triadspeakers.com/products/icbsat.html
post #3 of 4 Old 02-19-2013, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I am not married to corner mounting... Ceiling mounting away from the corners works too...

Not mounted to the ceiling mind you..to a speaker holder which is ceiling mounted.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-19-2013, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Ok...perhaps I should pose this question another way...

For those of you who use different rear channel speakers for 5.1 or greater ...what do you use?
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page