Value and thoughts on rear channel - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-19-2013, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I recently upgraded my receiver to an Onkyo 809, which supports 7.1 output. I have a 5.1 setup with Definitive Tech bi-polar towers for fronts, a bi-polar center channel, two Pro-Monitor 1000 for surrounds and a 15" sub. This has great sound output and fully submerses me into whatever is on.

My question is how much value would I get in adding a ceiling mounted rear channel? I picked up two speakers a while ago that are no DT, but can handle a comparable output, but I question the value they would add compared to what I already have in place and also wonder if they would sound right considering they are not the same speaker brand and may have different voice attributes. The other part is that the two speakers are each stereo and have dual inputs.

So first of all, do you think there is much value in going through the effort of adding these? If so, should i be concerned with the voice matching (or lack thereof)? How should I wire them as they are each stereo speakers (here is what I have: http://www.athenaspeakers.com/products/as-ic6st-specifications/)
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page