Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-19-2013, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everybody.
I need some help !!

Here's what I have I have the energy C-series set up C-300 tower C50 center and C50b-1 surround.
My sub is a pa 12sub. I also have an older pair of JBL 4212b control monitor that spec at
45 hz to 15k hz and a pair of Peavey criterion ll PA loundspeakersmade for clubs, with a sound spec of 70 hz to20khz the peaveys have a large horn tweater. I just bought a denon 2312 av receiver to replace a pioneer 1018 ah receiver.

The question is I really don't want to use the small bookshelf c50 surround speakers. I have tried both jbl's and peaveys as fronts. The Jbl has a better low, peaveys has a better high end. They both sound ok the jbl has a better punch, but I set it up as small so I think that dosn't matter muc, except when I play some good ole rock n roll. I have read that the fronts and center all should match.

Here are my options;

1.solution.(not sure which one for the rears, probably the jbl since it goes down lower. The sub, correct me if I am wrong utlizes the lfe signal and assists the fronts only with the bass. I would get some stands to raise the JBL's up a little. Maybe the peaveys would be better because the freq response is higher. I am not sure which way to go on that.

2.Put the peavy or jbl in the front and the c-300 in the surround, the only problem is The center speaker isn't gonna match the jbl or peavey, maybe buy a jbl center. Not sure which one to buy.

3 I do have a few dollars left for maybe 2 front speakers I saw the c70s at frys for 299 apeice, and Energy V6.2 floorstanding speaker 2.5-way Veritas Series floorstanding speaker for 299.00.at Vans. What would you all do? I am really not sure. Those speakers won't last long so Need to figure this is out quick. I also saw some polk 70's for 299.00 a peice at ebay. Too many decision too little time. Help!

I think maybe buying the c 70 or the v6.2 veritas is the way to go, but I am not sure which of those 2 sets of speakers to buy, or maybe someone has another choice.

Thank you for any input!

Robert Opdyke
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page