In Ceiling Speakers Best Value for home theater and multi room - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-19-2013, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking for 4 in ceiling speakers for 7.1 surround home theater to compliment totem arros as left and right totem dream catcher as center channel and totem storm as sub. Separately need 2 pairs of in ceiling speakers for dining room and kitchen. I'm thinking I don't need high quality for surround speakers but better quality for rooms that will play only music. Not looking to spend much more than 600 per pair anywhere but open to suggestions if I can't get anything worth buying in that price range. does anyone have ideas or recommendations? Any help would be much appreciated as outfitting our first house and want some decent audio throughout.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-19-2013, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Why not get matching Totem in-ceiling speakers for the surrounds for your home theater?

For the dining room and kitchen, in that price range I would get something like this on clearance:
http://store.audioholics.com/martinlogan-helos-10.html

Well under budget and would leave more for the home theater speakers. If you can go in-wall vs in-ceiling for the theater speakers I would recommend it, especially the back speakers.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-19-2013, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm no expert on this but appreciate quality hence the totems. I though the totem in ceiling might be pricey and how important are the rear surround speakers? Is it worth paying for quality I was under the impression majority of the experience was from the fronts and center channel? The rears were for effects etc.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-19-2013, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacalito View Post

I'm no expert on this but appreciate quality hence the totems. I though the totem in ceiling might be pricey and how important are the rear surround speakers? Is it worth paying for quality I was under the impression majority of the experience was from the fronts and center channel? The rears were for effects etc.

I would price out the Totems and put more money towards those than the other speakers. If you are going in-ceiling vs in-wall or on-wall, I would just go with a 5.1 setup for now. You are right in thinking that most of your budget should be on your front three speakers and sub, but if you have the budget matching the Totems would give you timbre matching. Can't hurt to get some pricing and go from there.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page