Help with Sanus Steel Series Speaker Stands Assembly - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-22-2013, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I am trying to assemble my Sanus Steel Series stands, but there seems to be a conflict with the instructions vs what I am seeing, in regards to the feet. According to the Sanus instructions: Important: This product uses two different feet for each base. Before installing, be sure to check that the feet are mounted with the (1) foot on the front left and rear right of the base, (2) front right and rear left. The designation (1) & (2) are on the bottom of each foot.

If if place the feet on according to the instructions, pushing them on so they are flush on both sides with the corner of the base, the hole in the feet does not line up with the hole in the base. I have to slide the foot over a little, leaving a gap between the foot and base on the inside corner in order for the holes to line up.

If I put the feet on the reverse of the instructions, so (1) foot on the front right and rear left, pushing them on so they are flush with the base, the holes for the feet and the base line up.

Are the feet suppose to be flush with the base, meaning I would have to do the reverse of what the instructions state, or is there suppose to be a gap between the inside of each foot and the inside corner of the base

Here are two pictures:

(1) foot on the front left as per the instructions - note the gap that's created on the inner side in order for the holes to line up

(1) foot on the front right, reverse of the instructions - note how the foot is flush with the base with the holes line up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 09:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 216
I recall having to tap my into place so the holes align underneath...angled side should be facing up with the flat side facing down on the bottom plate...they'll fit it just take some persuading...lol.

Here is a picture of mine.....good luck....smile.gif

Fyi take a look at this link from the Sanus website click on image 10.....http://www.sanus.com/assets/SF26b_SF26.SLDDRW.PDF

Old Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors, but we borrow it from our children!

Ascend Acoustics Towers, STC w RAAL, 200 SE in espresso
54" of Panasonic Bliss, Anthem MRX 300
Sony BDP-S380, TechnicsCD player, Apple TV
PSA XS30 SE in Cordovan Cherry & Svs SB13U in sig
Old 02-22-2013, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Billy, I have no problem fitting the feet on regardless of whether I put them on according to the instructions or reverse. In both pictures the flat side is on the bottom and angled side on top. The reason there is space on the bottom is because I only put one foot on for the pictures so the base is tilted.

Would you mind looking closely at your stands and see if the feet are press right up against the base on both sides of each corner or if there is a gap on the inside of each corner like in the first picture.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 216
I no longer have the stands because I moved up to the Towers but I am pretty sure they fitted tightly on the bottom base. Btw I see your a Gunners fan...sorry I couldn't be of more help concerning your stands.

Good luck vs. AV later this morning....I watch some EPL.....biggrin.gif
Cheers...Bill

Old Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors, but we borrow it from our children!

Ascend Acoustics Towers, STC w RAAL, 200 SE in espresso
54" of Panasonic Bliss, Anthem MRX 300
Sony BDP-S380, TechnicsCD player, Apple TV
PSA XS30 SE in Cordovan Cherry & Svs SB13U in sig
Old 02-22-2013, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I referred to your link but I don't see an image 10. I did however see a closeup of the feet in the instructions and it shows the feet flush with the base. I think my feet were labeled incorrectly. The (1s) are actually (2s) and vice versa.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3Orion View Post

I referred to your link but I don't see an image 10. I did however see a closeup of the feet in the instructions and it shows the feet flush with the base. I think my feet were labeled incorrectly. The (1s) are actually (2s) and vice versa.

The feet to my Sanus stands were also incorrectly labeled. It took a minute of swapping the feet around until everything was flush.

Pieces 1 & 4 should be identical. Pieces 2 & 3 should be identical. Don't trust the numbers but rather look at the shape.
1, 2
3, 4