New Sony ES premium speaker line - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 57 Old 02-23-2013, 06:48 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
RTSW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Looks like Sony is getting serious about their commercial speakers again:
http://discover.store.sony.com/ES/es-speakers/index.html

SS-NA2ES


SS-NA5ES


SS-NA8ES


SA-NA9ES


I've got to say these are some beautiful looking speakers and I'd love to hear them.

The floorstanders will go for $10k a pair, bookshelves are $6k a pair, subwoofer will be $4k and the centre $3k.
RTSW is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 57 Old 02-23-2013, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
grasshoppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: aridzona
Posts: 1,414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Well, they are certainly serious about the pricing!
grasshoppers is offline  
post #3 of 57 Old 02-23-2013, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 102
I'm REALLY curious what they're doing with a 3/4"-1"-3/4" tweeter array on these speakers confused.gif
Jay1 is offline  
post #4 of 57 Old 02-23-2013, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
eljaycanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 5,100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 472
According to the product page:
Quote:
Pinpoint accurate high frequencies

Sony's innovative I-Array™ tweeter system achieves the wide dispersion and ambience of original recordings without adding any unnatural artifacts to the sound. The result is astonishingly smooth highs with increased resolution, a broader soundstage and a delicate but precise sound image.

Sounds delicious! tongue.gif But $10K for a pair of Sony speakers - or any pair of consumer speakers, for that matter - is ridiculous.

IMveryHO. smile.gif
eljaycanuck is offline  
post #5 of 57 Old 02-23-2013, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck View Post

According to the product page:
Sounds delicious! tongue.gif But $10K for a pair of Sony speakers - or any pair of consumer speakers, for that matter - is ridiculous.

IMveryHO. smile.gif


It's all marketing BS until they provide measurements showing nothing wonky going on.
Jay1 is offline  
post #6 of 57 Old 02-23-2013, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MrEastSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Although, all the speakers are, insanely, priced. 4k for a subwoofer?! You could get three or four HSU, Rythmik, or SVS woofers that would turn your house into a smoldering pile of rubble. Is Sony retarded?

Quote:
Of course, I got it modified with the TK-427, which cheeks it up another, maybe, 3 or 4 quads per channel.
MrEastSide is online now  
post #7 of 57 Old 02-23-2013, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eljaycanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 5,100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:
4k for a subwoofer?! You could get three or four HSU, Rythmik, or SVS woofers that would turn your house into a smoldering pile of rubble. Is Sony retarded?
But...the Sony sub has two 10" drivers! eek.gif

biggrin.gif
eljaycanuck is offline  
post #8 of 57 Old 02-23-2013, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Bill Fitzmaurice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 9,287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post

Well, they are certainly serious about the pricing!
They're clearly aimed at the more money than brains crowd who know absolutely nothing about how speakers work, and assume that a high price equals high quality. My feeling is that anyone who can afford that much for speakers makes too damn much money to begin with, probably by fleecing others, so their getting fleeced in return doesn't cause me to lose sleep. cool.gif

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
Bill Fitzmaurice is offline  
post #9 of 57 Old 02-23-2013, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
warpdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 31
sheesh tough crowd....I dunno....I always give companies the benefit of the doubt UNTIL I hear them for myself or read a credible review.

Sony has made some excellent high end speakers in the past and it seems that they are serious about doing it again.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/at-one-time-sony-made-audiophile-grade-speakers.110654/

I certainly welcome that they are taking the ES line seriously again. I've owned some of their ES gear from the 80's and 90's and the stuff was actually really good.

Certified Ultra Professional AVS Special Member Class A
warpdrive is offline  
post #10 of 57 Old 02-23-2013, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
warpdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEastSide View Post

Although, all the speakers are, insanely, priced. 4k for a subwoofer?! You could get three or four HSU, Rythmik, or SVS woofers that would turn your house into a smoldering pile of rubble. Is Sony retarded?

Strange comment.....

What's so strange about a $4K subwoofer? Revel, JL, Velodyne, Rel, Paradigm all make subwoofers that easily cost $4K. Are they retarded also?

Certified Ultra Professional AVS Special Member Class A
warpdrive is offline  
post #11 of 57 Old 02-23-2013, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MrEastSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post

Strange comment.....

What's so strange about a $4K subwoofer? Revel, JL, Velodyne, Rel, Paradigm all make subwoofers that easily cost $4K. Are they retarded also?

Uhhh, the fact that it is Sony. And they're not even known for making entry level subwoofers that are very good. I kind of thought my comment was obvious.

Quote:
Of course, I got it modified with the TK-427, which cheeks it up another, maybe, 3 or 4 quads per channel.
MrEastSide is online now  
post #12 of 57 Old 02-23-2013, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
warpdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEastSide View Post

Uhhh, the fact that it is Sony. And they're not even known for making entry level subwoofers that are very good. I kind of thought my comment was obvious.

Your statement would have some merit except for the fact that Sony has made excellent high end speakers in the past.

Certified Ultra Professional AVS Special Member Class A
warpdrive is offline  
post #13 of 57 Old 02-23-2013, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MrEastSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post

Your statement would have some merit except for the fact that Sony has made excellent high end speakers in the past.

Yeah, they have. But they're not known for them now and most of us in a place like this, know that, which was the reason for my comment on the first place.

Quote:
Of course, I got it modified with the TK-427, which cheeks it up another, maybe, 3 or 4 quads per channel.
MrEastSide is online now  
post #14 of 57 Old 02-23-2013, 07:35 PM
Member
 
justindo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Sony has made some very nice and highly regarded high-end speakers in the past. I, of course, haven't heard these, but they may or may not be worth the money if one can get past the Sony name.
justindo is offline  
post #15 of 57 Old 02-23-2013, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Bill Fitzmaurice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 9,287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post

sheesh tough crowd....I dunno....I always give companies the benefit of the doubt UNTIL I hear them for myself or read a credible review.
Subs that contain components that could make them worth $4k don't look like this:


They look like this:
http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/products/subwoofers/specialty-subs/dts10/

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
Bill Fitzmaurice is offline  
post #16 of 57 Old 02-23-2013, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
warpdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post

Subs that contain components that could make them worth $4k don't look like this:

I don't disagree that I'd rather have a Danley but a Danley is a high performance product that is not likely to be sold directly to consumers at a Sony showroom.

The other problem is, your first post in this thread was this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post

They're clearly aimed at the more money than brains crowd who know absolutely nothing about how speakers work, and assume that a high price equals high quality. My feeling is that anyone who can afford that much for speakers makes too damn much money to begin with, probably by fleecing others, so their getting fleeced in return doesn't cause me to lose sleep. cool.gif

which reeks of bias and doesn't take into account that 1) Sony has made some credible high end (high performance) speaker products in the past 2) You probably haven't heard these speakers to pass any sort of judgement on them 3) there are lots of people in the high end theater part of the forum who could afford these that wouild object to your crass generalization above.

While Sony hasn't turned out any audio gear lately that has been worthwhile, they have had a long history of turning out some gems, and I for one welcome any new entry that isn't an iPod dock or a HTIB. I have heard some of their high end speakers in the past, and they have sounded and looked good. I do expect that there will be some takers that would buy these based on their sound quality

Certified Ultra Professional AVS Special Member Class A
warpdrive is offline  
post #17 of 57 Old 02-23-2013, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MrEastSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 48
My only issue is, It's Sony. In the last ten years, all they've really seemed to focus and push are their TVs. So when they, all of a sudden, show up with speakers priced like this, It's more than warranted for people to not only, raise an eyebrow, but laugh a little, as well.

That said, I'm constantly, questioning the brains at Sony. The company has been posting nothing but losses for the past 5+ years and they dump millions of dollars into things like $25,000 dollar 4k TVs, and now, $10,000 dollar speakers show up, out of nowhere. Most people don't have this kind of money to dump into speakers. And those who do, would probably, never consider Sony. I'm not sure products like this are where they should be steering their struggling company.

That's obviously a discussion for another day, but something I wanted to point out.

Quote:
Of course, I got it modified with the TK-427, which cheeks it up another, maybe, 3 or 4 quads per channel.
MrEastSide is online now  
post #18 of 57 Old 02-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Member
 
psycholis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Is that a scanspeak midrange? Looks like a full set of revelator components now that I think about it. Not the same bolt pattern but the description and look match the scanspeak revelator. Maybe I'm just crazy though.
psycholis is offline  
post #19 of 57 Old 02-24-2013, 02:30 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
RTSW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I think it's more than fair that everyone is very skeptical about these speakers. I'd really like to hear them just to see what Sony can do these days with a bit of real effort and money. Also important to note - they are based off the highly regarded SS-AR1 and SS-AR2 speakers.
RTSW is offline  
post #20 of 57 Old 02-24-2013, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bill Fitzmaurice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 9,287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post

You probably haven't heard these speakers to pass any sort of judgement on them
When you do what I do for a living you have to know what a speaker is capable of just by looking at it. Or, perhaps more important, what a speaker is not capable of. They may be very good speakers, but I can state unequivocally that they are not capable of delivering any better results than any number of speakers at half their price, if not less. Not that I'm picking on Sony, they being far from the only ones taking advantage of inflated perceived values based purely on the asking price.

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
Bill Fitzmaurice is offline  
post #21 of 57 Old 02-24-2013, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
warpdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post

When you do what I do for a living you have to know what a speaker is capable of just by looking at it. Or, perhaps more important, what a speaker is not capable of. They may be very good speakers, but I can state unequivocally that they are not capable of delivering any better results than any number of speakers at half their price, if not less. Not that I'm picking on Sony, they being far from the only ones taking advantage of inflated perceived values based purely on the asking price.
Not that I'm picking on Sony, they being far from the only ones taking advantage of inflated perceived values based purely on the asking price.

That's fair to me....but the way the thread started off, it seemed like people were already bashing these speakers because 1) they were high priced 2) they were Sony. It just seemed unfair to get out the pitch forks so soon and underhandedly ridicule people that can afford the nicer stuff. Premium audio gear is partly about the furniture/jewellery aspects as well as audio performance and I think that was already well understood so I don't feel the need to make judgements about why people buy them.

Because they are "Sony" instead of "Wilson", then it's actually more likely people will buy them because they sound good rather than because of brand name recognition. Certainly I would like to hear these for myself because Sony obviously thinks they can lure a few people away from the other boutique brands

Certified Ultra Professional AVS Special Member Class A
warpdrive is offline  
post #22 of 57 Old 02-24-2013, 08:33 AM
Member
 
psycholis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTSW View Post

I think it's more than fair that everyone is very skeptical about these speakers. I'd really like to hear them just to see what Sony can do these days with a bit of real effort and money. Also important to note - they are based off the highly regarded SS-AR1 and SS-AR2 speakers.

Okay, those are for sure scanspeak drivers. I thought sony made scanspeak speakers and was confused when this thread started.
psycholis is offline  
post #23 of 57 Old 02-24-2013, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bill Fitzmaurice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 9,287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post

Because they are "Sony" instead of "Wilson", then it's actually more likely people will buy them because they sound good rather than because of brand name recognition.
My opinion of Wilson isn't any different. They're run of the mill speakers ludicrously priced. The only reason someone would buy them is because they have no clue how speakers work, and assume that a high price equals high performance. Or they just want to be able to brag on how much they cost. Or both.
They're ugly too. rolleyes.gif
And I have heard them.

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
Bill Fitzmaurice is offline  
post #24 of 57 Old 02-24-2013, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
warpdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I used Wilson as an "example" of a high end brand name. I could have easily used Kef Reference, TAD, Aerial, Revel as other examples of speakers that cost similarly much.

My only point is that Sony would likely have to sell on the premise of better sound, not brand name bragging rights, Nobody will buy them because they are Sony

Certified Ultra Professional AVS Special Member Class A
warpdrive is offline  
post #25 of 57 Old 02-24-2013, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MrEastSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 48
The only reason I instantly laughed when I saw the speakers, was because of what Sony has done to their own reputation over the last 10 to 15 years. So, I was, indeed, laughing at the brand, but it's deserved. Sony has pretty much, focused only on TVs for the last 15 years. They've kinda made junky products as far as everything else goes.

And most people would agree that when it comes to speakers, in a home theater application, there is a point where you start to see diminishing returns, and 10,000 dollars, just for towers, is starting to get near that area, no matter what the brand.

It just looks funny, when a company like Sony, who has done nothing in the audio world for the last 15 years, all of a sudden comes out with tower speakers and says they want 10,000 dollars for them, having done nothing to prove themselves in the audio world, in recent memory. Now, I haven't heard the speakers, obviously. But, you have to admit, that it is a little ridiculous.

Quote:
Of course, I got it modified with the TK-427, which cheeks it up another, maybe, 3 or 4 quads per channel.
MrEastSide is online now  
post #26 of 57 Old 02-24-2013, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JerryLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,597
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post

My feeling is that anyone who can afford that much for speakers makes too damn much money to begin with, probably by fleecing others, so their getting fleeced in return doesn't cause me to lose sleep. cool.gif

Trollololol

Everyone from your surgeon, to an engineer working a remote pipeline, to the guy that invented the beerhat is unworthy of not being robbed.

I wonder what starving kids in Africa think about the disposable income people like Bill and I have frown.gif

Sony certainly has the engineering might to create good speakers (these are the guys that invented Bluray, the walkman, SACD, beta, the mini-disc magneto-optical format, etc); and their target market has almost never been the bottom end. I don't disagree that the price exceeds the performance; but I can't think of any consumer gear at this price where that's not true.
JerryLove is offline  
post #27 of 57 Old 02-24-2013, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JerryLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,597
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEastSide View Post

The only reason I instantly laughed when I saw the speakers, was because of what Sony has done to their own reputation over the last 10 to 15 years. So, I was, indeed, laughing at the brand, but it's deserved. Sony has pretty much, focused only on TVs for the last 15 years. They've kinda made junky products as far as everything else goes.

I dunno. I liked their tablet, and I own a PS3, and some of their phones have been not-too-bad, and their studio monitor line of headphones is pretty well regarded, and I thought minidisc was a good format that just suffered from a poor market environment. Their laptops have been overpriced, but good, as have their camcorders. Indeed, their camera's biggest weakness was the reliance on memorystick rather than SD (which I believe is now rectified). The Sony eBook reader is my favorite (mmm... aluminum),

But yea, other than that, perhaps they've just been focused on TVs.
JerryLove is offline  
post #28 of 57 Old 02-24-2013, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MrEastSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLove View Post

I dunno. I liked their tablet, and I own a PS3, and some of their phones have been not-too-bad, and their studio monitor line of headphones is pretty well regarded, and I thought minidisc was a good format that just suffered from a poor market environment. Their laptops have been overpriced, but good, as have their camcorders. Indeed, their camera's biggest weakness was the reliance on memorystick rather than SD (which I believe is now rectified). The Sony eBook reader is my favorite (mmm... aluminum),

But yea, other than that, perhaps they've just been focused on TVs.

Well, I agree. I'm not saying everything they make is junk. Just that they really push TVs to the extreme. And they make the typical consumer stuff, as you mentioned. Really high end AV really hasn't been their focus, minus televisions.

Quote:
Of course, I got it modified with the TK-427, which cheeks it up another, maybe, 3 or 4 quads per channel.
MrEastSide is online now  
post #29 of 57 Old 02-24-2013, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
warpdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Sony is still makes some great consumer electronics IMHO

I'm a camera buff, and Sony's CMOS sensors rules the market. Olympus, Panasonic, Nikon use their sensors and the cameras perform well. Sony's RX100 camera was one of "Time magazine's invention of the year" and many pros even carry it as a great compact. They have a big lineup of near pro and pro video cameras that are very solid. They are truly innovating in this space.

Their Z series laptops, although pricey, are still the standard for me for a powerhouse ultralight weight laptop that is built like a brick and I can actually do lots of serious work on

I have (had) several of Sony's recent headphones and they sound great, even against proven stuff from AKG, Sennheiser.

Certified Ultra Professional AVS Special Member Class A
warpdrive is offline  
post #30 of 57 Old 02-24-2013, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
RTSW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post

When you do what I do for a living you have to know what a speaker is capable of just by looking at it. Or, perhaps more important, what a speaker is not capable of. They may be very good speakers, but I can state unequivocally that they are not capable of delivering any better results than any number of speakers at half their price, if not less. Not that I'm picking on Sony, they being far from the only ones taking advantage of inflated perceived values based purely on the asking price.
Have you heard a tweeter array like that before? I'm wondering how it sounds and what difference it makes.
RTSW is offline  
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off