I am not a newbie to the site but I had not been much active lately. Although I am still a novice in audio/video tech stuff.
Basically I have following setup for my room which is 14 x 14 feet with 8 feet high ceiling.
1) Samsung 64 inch plasma 3D TV
2) Samung 3D blu-ray player
3) Denon 5-disc CD changer DCM-290
4) DISH network HD receiver
6) Onkyo TX-NR709 receiver (7.2)
7) JBL SUB150p subwoofer which is 10" with 300 RMS rating. (I paid $100 for demo model in Frys)
8) Energy Take 5 Classic 5.0 speakers system (This is what I want to upgrade)
My listening preference will be 70% Movies & TV and 30% Music.
I need advise from community here who had a chance to listen/review both the types of speakers below.
1) I have a choice of picking up Jamo s426 HCS3 5.0 system package for about $150 + tax (From Frys as Open Box)
2) I have a choice if picking up JBL Studio 190 towers pair, 120C center and 130 bookshelf pair for total of $529 plus tax from Frys (Open Box).
Unfortunately Frys is discontiuning JBL Studio 190 series so they don't have any of those in their AV Demo room so I couldn't compare those playing along with Jamo s426. Jamo s426 were sounding fine too me for the price.
I want to stick to lower budget if possible but If the sound quality will be dramatically better with JBL then I will go with JBL. I don't have option to return the JBL Subwoofer I picked up for 100 bucks and I think that works perfectly with my current Energy Classic setup.
I do not want to buy Klipsch/Polk/B&W or others as those are expensive plus I wasn't impressed with Bright sound or for a budget reason.
Thanks in advance.