Bought Energy Take 5.1 system...have two leftover Polk R15 bookshelf speakers from 7 years ago...should I use as my Fronts? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-01-2013, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am closing on my new house in a couple weeks and I will have a dedicated media/mancave room which is 15' by 12'. I have bought a Denon 1912 AVR and the Energy Take 5.1 speaker system (both of which right now remain unopened).....BUT I also have a pair of leftover Polk R15 bookshelf speakers in perfect condition that are about 7 years old....I have read about 25 threads in reference to the Energy Take system sometimes lacking punch especially for lower frequencies in the front. Some people on this forum have stated that it would be better to use bookshelf speakers for the front instead. Would I notice a better overall sound using the Polk R15's for my Front L/R and using the Energy's for my other 3+sub? Or should I just use the take 5.1 overall and it would sound better. Thanks in advance everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-01-2013, 03:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 383
Since you own all the speakers give them a try and decide which way you like best. Shouldn't take too long to do.

Afro GT
post #3 of 3 Old 03-01-2013, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 86
For several years I ran a 6.1 system in my 12' x 12' home office using six Polk R15 bookshelf speakers. The R15s performed very well, but if you intend to play movies with LFE content or 'heavy metal rock', plan to add a sub woofer. Depending on your preferred listening volumes, you may need L|R front main speakers more substantial than the R15s--but you should experiment before making that decision.
_

[Home Office system schematic]
"My AV systems were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many speakers. And they have . . . A PLAN."

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page