New to the forum, with several questions.
I am looking to upgrade my current system. It isnt an ideal situation, but my system is in a large 30 by 40 multi use room. Running a Sharp 90" tv, with Paradigm Studio 100's, Studio CC, and Servo Sub.
Some of my requirements:
- 95% used for Home Theater - so really want a great center speaker
- Going to be using a Standout Design 82" stand. Center speaker dimensions can be 39 by 11 by 20. It will be enclosed.
- Ideally getting a smaller footprint mains - ive been considering bookshelfs, or narrower mains. Would prefer width less than 10" if possible.
What ive been looking at so far:
- Paradigm S2/S6 with a C5 center. Several year old series... so will a new version be coming out soonish?
- B&W 805 / 804 Diamonds with HTM4 center. Like the mains sound, but not as impressed with the center. Due to my size constraints, the HTM2 would be too large.
- Dynaudio Confidence C1 ii, and Confidence center. Like the sound, but they are also a lot more than the other speakers.
On each of the options, I can get a sizable discount, which helps...
- Any thoughts on my speaker options? Other speakers to consider in that range?
- Sub options? I have just started reading up on some subs. Will try to listen to as many as I can, but being in Canada, we dont have the same options to listen to. I would really prefer one good sub to 2 or more. There is a WAF factor here.
- Currently running a Denon AVR 4520 in a 7.1 format - with the main bi wired. Is that sufficient, or do I need a separate amp. Would I notice a large improvement? If so, any recommend amps?
Thanks for any help. I am reading up on a lot of things here, but would appreciate any assistance.