Paradigm Shift A2 or Paradigm Shift Millenia CT? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-02-2013, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone, I could really use some help with this question. I have been scouring the Internet for days, looking for ANYTHING that compares these two solutions. From what I can find, nothing does. Dozens of separate reviews claim each is excellent for various reasons, and I am at a loss as to which one to get.

I don't have a "living room" per say, and all of my everything is located at a central desk in my room (a converted 2-car garage). Whatever audio system I get will be connecting to my PC, Xbox 360, and PS3; as well as my electronic piano occasionally as well, most likely. I listen to music, watch movies, and play video games. I also record music occasionally. Whatever I buy I am going to get immediately; probably tonight, if I can figure this out.

My number one priority is audio quality and sound-staging. I want professional, high-fidelity sound. Their relative sizes, connection options, and cost are not a concern. Both are said to have excellent levels of both, and I am unsure as to whether this "home theatre 2:1" system or "2 bookshelf monitors" would be better for me overall. I really just need ANYTHING at this point to help point me in a direction as to which one would better suit my needs. The only thing that I have to go on right now is ONE review that said that the A2's MIGHT benefit a little bit from an independent subwoofer and that they can be a tiny bit bass-heavy on occasion; whereas the subwoofer in the Millenia CT is good but doesn't quite live up to the standard of its satellites - and that's it. Any advice or input that anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-03-2013, 02:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwthewhiteness View Post

I don't have a "living room" per say, and all of my everything is located at a central desk in my room (a converted 2-car garage).

My number one priority is audio quality and sound-staging. I want professional, high-fidelity sound ...... I am unsure as to whether this "home theatre 2:1" system or "2 bookshelf monitors" would be better for me overall.

Given the environment you are in, I would say that speaker placement is more critical than any other factor. The smaller size of the Millenia satellites and the 2.1 configuration will allow you to place the speakers in the 'ideal' locations. The A2s will limit your placement options and could result in less-than-ideal performance.

I would recommend going with the Millenia CT system.
Reply Speakers