Are Omage speakers good enough? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-03-2013, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I came across Omage speakers. They sound great, they look great, they have unbelievable low price, but I can barely find information on the net on these. I can't find any reviews.

These are what I'm talking about:
http://www.davecohifi.com/Assets/DNPR/DNPR189%20-%20Forte%20Series.pdf

I'm not an audiophile at all. But to my hear, they sound great.

What do you think of those?

Thanks,

Benoit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-04-2013, 04:39 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Never heard of them before... if you can't find anything than a website, then I would leary. If you saw them at a reputable store (and whom you trust), then it's a maybe... especially if plan to hang on to them for a few years. It might be a fly-by-night company. And resale won't be very good if they are completely unknown...

"Suddenly the thought struck me, my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin
post #3 of 6 Old 03-04-2013, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 53
There are so many reputable brands that have very nicely priced, entry level speakers. I'd go with something you've heard of.

Quote:
Of course, I got it modified with the TK-427, which cheeks it up another, maybe, 3 or 4 quads per channel.
post #4 of 6 Old 03-04-2013, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Is there something you would recommend me to look at?

I'm looking for 5.1 speakers, in a price range of 500$ to 1500$ max, something nice looking too.

What I would like:
- 2 Front Towers, with a good low frequency response, as I don't want to overuse the sub (Will probably keep the sub low, or turn it off sometime, when the kids use it).
- Obviously 1 center, matched with the towers
- 2 Surround which can be wall-mounted on a bracket, not too big, that I can orient in any direction. The back should not be too ugly as it will be seen. I guess these do not necessarily need to be voice-matched with the front.
- 1 Sub.

I have looked at Mirage, and I was able to get something great in this price range. Polk seems interesting too.

But I can also get Omage speakes for about 750$ including the sub (500$ without it)... and they sound the same to me...

Thanks,

Benoit.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-28-2014, 10:27 AM

Hello, I have a Tempo Omage dealer in my town and these speakers are EXCELLENT !
They are better than most speakers I have purchased in the past. I have 4 Omage qtt5 towers with a 12 inch sub .
Not overly impressed with the center channel but the quality of the rest is very high.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-28-2014, 01:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit Mercier View Post

I came across Omage speakers. They sound great, they look great, they have unbelievable low price, but I can barely find information on the net on these. I can't find any reviews. What do you think of those?
All indications on the website point to them being Asian imports, which in and of itself means nothing. They could be a good bargain, they could be White Van quality. Until I saw a review by a reputable source like 'Stereophile' I'd steer clear, unless you personally auditioned them comparing them with a known brand of similar price at the same time.

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page