Building system on Pioneer audio products - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-04-2013, 02:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone,

I am someone who has been tinkering around with audio products all my life but have never really taken the time to develop my interest in the audio world.

Now I am planning to gradually build a system based on Pioneer Audio products as I hear that maintaining the same brand throughout a system results in better communications between the components. I am also open to any suggestions that anyone has to offer.

I am looking to get a set of bookshelf speakers and a sub which I intend on slowly expanding into a bigger system if my budget allows. I'm working with a budget of around $300 to $400( I hope that's not too low)Currently, I am leaning towards the Pioneer sp Sb22 to start off with. First and foremost, I need advice to be emphasized on a pair of speakers and sub and any extra information about building a complete system later on will be very much appreciated. Please tell me if I'm headed towards the right direction, if no, please do share some of your knowledge with me.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-04-2013, 06:02 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I think you mean BS-22...

There's no real need to build a complete system off one MFG - you can mix and match components all you want. Most agree that your front sound stage (L/C/R) should be timbre matched though.

So, get 3 BS-22s if your space allows for a vertical center or get 2 BS-22 (L/R) and a C-22. However, if you only want a L/R and a sub you’re going to be very limited in options. Check the budget sub threads for more info.

post #3 of 4 Old 03-04-2013, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Oops. Sorry. My mistake. Since I'm still new to this, could you explain to me what timbre matching is exactly?

And for my budget, what would be your ideal setup?

Thanks again.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-04-2013, 10:41 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 54
quick answer on timbre matching = if you're watching a movie and a car pans from the left to the right side of the screen it'll sound the same from the left speaker to the right if the speakers match, along with voices, etc.

timbre matching

too many variables for an 'ideal' set up... look through the different sub-forums on here, listen to speakers in-store or at a buddy's house.

but, the AJ Pioneer's get great reviews so it's a good start. If you don't know who Andrew Jones is google him... also take a look at the Home Theater Geeks podcasts - he is a guest in one episode. I've learned a lot from HTG podcasts b/c I'm a novice as well (compared to a lot of folks on here) and looking to get more into home audio/video.

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page