Klipsch vs martin logan vs polk audio - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 03-07-2013, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone.

By your experience Which of the following speakers will be the first and the top in all things.

Klipsch RF 7II

Martin logan motion 40

Polk audio RTI A9

Thankkkks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-07-2013, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 44
From real world, practical experience.....

The Klipsch and Martin Logan models tie because it will depend on the related equipment, content/source material, desired volume lvls/SPL, and, of course, the room. SO, until those things are weighted into the decision, it's a push. They are both excellent speakers when used properly.

Polk I would rank at 3rd between these choices, regardless of the variables I mentioned above.
post #3 of 9 Old 03-08-2013, 03:27 AM - Thread Starter

The klipsch RF7II not good in bass.....

You can see in the following what i am talken about!!!

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=418886

In the homepage of Klipsch RF 7 II specs the said in the specs ( NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms compatible ). !!!!!!!!!!

Please help.
post #4 of 9 Old 03-08-2013, 04:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZozoA320 View Post

In the homepage of Klipsch RF 7 II specs the said in the specs ( NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms compatible ). !!!!!!!!!!

Please help.

While it is very strong in the bass region for a speaker that is not a subwoofer, it still appears to need a very competent subwoofer if the system is to be considered high performance from a dynamic range standpoint:

Freq,Hz Max SPL, DB

10 83
20 95
30 102
40 107
50 111
60 114
70 116
80 119
90 121
100 123
110 124
120 126

A crossover as low as 50 Hz can work unless the dynamic range requirements are exceptional. But for clean response down to 20 Hz, a good sub is still indicated.
post #5 of 9 Old 03-08-2013, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlexMulti View Post

From real world, practical experience.....

The Klipsch and Martin Logan models tie because it will depend on the related equipment, content/source material, desired volume lvls/SPL, and, of course, the room. SO, until those things are weighted into the decision, it's a push. They are both excellent speakers when used properly.

Polk I would rank at 3rd between these choices, regardless of the variables I mentioned above.

Ok thats clear but who prefer on the other Klipsch RF 7II or Martinlogan motion 40 ?
post #6 of 9 Old 03-08-2013, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I would say for multi channel movies at reference volume levels (very high) and in a fairly soft room with what I would call traditional decor, the Klipsch would be my choice. The Klipsch would also be my choice if I had relatively modest means of power/amplification - if I had high power, all the better. Why? I feel that if someone had lower volume or lower power limitations that the RF Klipsch are a very articulate speaker. They tend to, within reason, forgive on the power front.

The Martin Logan is probably what I would personally prefer given how I would use it. It will get loud enough to satisfy my multi channel taste - pretty damn loud, and I love the resolution of the Motion series. I also prefer the aesthetics of the ML and feel that it is a more forgiving speaker to environmental challenges.

Similarly priced alternatives to both of these that I feel best them both IMO, would be (for multi channel systems with a subwoofer) the ADAM Audio GTC 77 $1,250 each MSRP (although NOT a tower - basically an In-cabinet/behind screen speaker - or make a stand for it) and (if for 2 channel music) the Atlantic Technology AT-1 $3,000 a pair MSRP). The AT-1 in particular if you're looking for 2 channel listening without a sub.

All 4 of the above are excellent speakers that can perform incredibly well as long as they are put in the right situations to do so.
post #7 of 9 Old 03-08-2013, 04:05 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 37
I have 3 Klipsch RF7IIs across the front in a living room setup. AVR is a Denon A100 and the 3 fronts are hooked up to a Emotiva XPA3 with the A100 running my surrounds. I have a SV PB13 Ultra for BASS. For 2 channel music I feel the RF7 IIs pound pretty good set at Full range. Movies, DISH and Blurays sound great. I have them set @ 8 ohms in the Denon.

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
post #8 of 9 Old 03-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZozoA320 View Post

Please help.

It's not that the Klipsch aren't good in bass. It's that the speakers are designed to do different things. The speaker they compared the Klipsch too HAD a built in subwoofer.

This is equivalent to comparing a Coupe, to a Truck, and saying the Coupe sucks because it has no trunk room. That's not what it's designed for though.
post #9 of 9 Old 03-26-2013, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

For all ,,,Thank you very much. Really thank you very much
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page