Cabinets, replacements? tweeters, mids subs Quality?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-08-2013, 01:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyway... I have a vintage AKAI AM 2800 sterio integrated amp, which i refuse to ever give up mainly cause its prolly the clearest system Ive ever listened to, not to mention the raw power..

And I also have some old speaker cabinets, ones ive picked up at thrift stores, friends gave me etc, one set of 2 is technics, the subs are good in them, infact nice sounding tbh, tweets n mids are pretty much in the grave, only sounds good at low volume,

Other set is scott, A very solid cabinet capable of holding 3 tweeters, 1 mid n 1 12 inch sub, pretty much destroyed them to lol.. Although got lucky and managed to find a stray 12 inch sub at a yardsale, which is pretty new not blown..

Other set is audio research, a small box cabinet set, but speakers sounded nice b4 my rage....And before I give u my life story, Im curious to know where I can get replacement speakers to put inside the cabinets, Im not interested in the factory brand replacements, All Im looking for is a high clarity, non flat sounding garbage, decent priced speakers..

Goal?
Clean crisp clear sounding treble, and voice, with a clean mid rumbly bass, not to dense, good for piano and guitar/bass,

Capable of being cranked without blowing easy

So whats a good brand of tweeter, where might I purchase one online for a good price, ex: 30-60$ each..With pindrop stunning clarity, at best possiblevalue.

Whats a good midrange capable of bringing out the voice to a realistic level, I wish for it to sound as realistic as a human voice+ enhanced, anything under isnt good.

Whats a good acoustic subwoofer, not one thats going to just rumble ur windows, but one which also brings clarity out of all essential bass factors, preferrably a more loose sub, and one capable of taking serious vibrations..

Also interested in buying a crossover system to mount inside the cabinets and hook speakers to, for better sound,
My sterio is hooked in directly to my coputer running linux, using vlc, Im also using a technics sterio frequency equalizer SH-8010, if it makes a diff, I enjoy dubstep, rock, and lots of other music,

Any suggestions, site names, stores, brands, etc would be helpful, I dont wanna waste my money on ****.
Thanks..
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page