Svs ultra towers anyone test them ...
Londrie, you have now started ten different threads about what we think of different brands of speakers. Why is this important to you? What you think is far more important. Your the one who will have to pay for them and hear them. This shotgun approach of yours will get you nowhere and as you can see, very little response from Forum members - I think were all wise to you now.
So I will repeat what I said in another one of your threads before I learned to recognize your name. Start educating yourself! If you don't know anything about audio or HT, thats OK - we all have to start somewhere. Your off to a good start already as you are smart to inquire about speakers - the components that you actually can hear and will make the most the impact. Keep pursuing this but get to a store and listen!!! Here are some pointers...
1. Are you in or near a major city? If so, at the very least find a Best Buy with a Magnolia in it. You can audition at least 3 of the brands your referring to. Also, if you have them, find some smaller independent HI FI shops to hear other brands.
2. What do want in a speaker? There is no perfect one. They are all a compromise. Also, don't confuse LOUD with good sound. The loudest is usually not the purest or most true to the source material. Some that are LOUD can also be quite obnoxious.
3. Bring music and a movie that you know very well for your auditions. Don't let the delaer select what is to be played - you bring it with you.
4. Have the dealer drive the speakers using electronics that are most close to what you have at home. If you don't have electronics, and hopefully you don't, just audition the speakers and find the ones that sound best to you. You can then worry about getting the right amp for them later.
5. Speakers use different types and materials for their drivers, especially for high frequency drivers. Some use domes made from soft fabric or harder metal, some use horns, some use ribbons, etc. Each type of driver has a unique sound and one may sound harsh to you while the other just right. You have to find out for yourself. We cannot tell you this.
If you follow the above, you'll be on your way to making a far more intelligent choice to get what is right for you. If you don't want to follow the above and insist on asking us what is best, then I will tell you.
Get what I have, Vienna Acoustics Bach Grands, as they are the best speakers in the world!!!
There is a whole thread on a shootout with Phil 2's and SVS towers...and professional reviews just out as well.
Take a peek... Also these are free to try for 45 days...you may love them!
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:02 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.