sub issue on Def Tech Pro600 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-10-2013, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently installed this system,have it hooked up to a Denon 1913. The issue is that when I turn the system on, the sub is supposed to recognize the signal and also turn on automatically, however, it is not doing that. The status light goes from a steady red when the system is off, to a flashing red when I turn the system on (it's supposed to turn green). I've found if I unplug the sub for a little while and then plug it back in, it works as it should. Suggestions?

PS: I should note, that I have the sub hooked up using def tech's "method 1", where the fronts run through the sub instead of straight from the receiver. Could this be the issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 258
I would suggest that the main speakers be connected directly to the receiver.

The sub input can then be connected to the receiver subwoofer output (or to the speaker terminals) as needed.

Use Method 2 as outlined in your manual.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 194
vdubbed, first, there is a "Definitive Owners Thread,"

http://www.avsforum.com/t/625807/definitive-owners-thread

and also a ProCinema thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/863945/definitive-technology-procinema-series-600-800-1000-or-60-80-100-thread

...that are monitored by many DT owners and also one of their staffers. I would also suggest that just calling DT's excellent US-based CS will get you help directly.

You do want to make sure the sub is getting enough signal to keep it turned on, and the best way to do that is to use the LFE Out connection on the AVR to the corresponding input on the sub, and then to turn up the Subwoofer Level on the AVR to 0 or higher. If this makes the sub too loud, us its own level control to reduce the level.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

Old 03-10-2013, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

I just switched it over to method 2, the only thing that has changed is that the status light now holds a steady red instead of flashing. (This is the third time turning it on and each time, if I unplug the sub for a little while and plug it back in it works fine)
Old 03-10-2013, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Oddly enough, (now setup using "method 2"), I powered the system down for a while and when I turned it back on, the subwoofer powered on as it's supposed to. Hopefully it continues to do so. Thanks for your help.