Using Panny HDTV speakers with PS3 (for videos) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-17-2013, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, i'm using my 65" Pannys speakers and only need to turn them up to 15 when viewing the TV. When viewing a video on the PS3 and using the TV speakers I need to constantly adjust the volume from 30-75 or its not loud enough or too loud. Hope this makes sense....will surround sound cure this? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Speakers built into any TV are normally very small and cheap. You will get far better sound even just from a pair of inexpensive bookshelves. Surround sound will not fix this issue but will give you a more immersive experience than stereo sound from crappy TV speakers. You'd do best to buy a capable HDMI receiver five decent speakers and a subwoofer. Most receivers today have some form of EQ processing and volume balancing so that you can leave the volume at a set level and be comfortable. Some receivers can even adjust the volume on the fly so that commercials are not way louder than the show your watching. But this all falls into how much your willing to spend but anything is better than cheap built in TV speakers.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you.