Surround Speaker Place - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-18-2013, 04:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm trying to figure out where best to put my surround speakers. I can't use bipole/dipole surround speakers - there is a missing wall on one side about where the seating area goes. So with that in my I'm using direct firing surrounds, Paradigm Atoms. So I basically have a long narrow room about 25 ft x 13 ft. 4 ft of the of the 13 ft width is used as movement between areas. There is a door at the back that consumes about that 4 feet area. With that in mind I'm left with two options. Mounting the Atoms on the wall and pointing them to the seating area. There will be greater separation between them but then they will not be centered with the 9 ft seating area (one speakers will be 13 feet from the other mounted on the wall where the walkway is. The other option is to mount them on the backwall 9 ft apart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-18-2013, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 371
What kind of receiver do you have?

If it includes room equalization software (Audyssey, YPAO, MCACC, etc), when you run the calibration it'll try to compensate for where the speakers are located relative to the primary listening position. Of course, it'll do a better job if they're at an optimal location to begin with.

Have you considered a 7.1 speaker configuration (if your receiver supports it) ?
In that case, you might consider putting speakers in both of the locations you mention.

Selden
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page