Bookshelf speaker placement on tv stand questions. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-20-2013, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I moved into my wife's house just before we got married and brought along my home theaters system to meet her TV and TV stand. I have had the whole set up going now for a few months and everything seems great. Our little house has one TV room but it gets a lot of use. The room itself isn't the best shape, 3 walls and on the right side a very large doorway headed into the dining room. What I am getting at is that this isn't a professional HT room so I want to get the most out of what I have. EDIT: I should mention that I own Energy C-50 and CC-50 speakers.

While this is not my TV stand its very similar in terms of construction:

The difference is that mine is wider and the center channel sits on the right side cubby hole instead of in the center. My question is is there anyway that my speaker inside a shelf like this (on the right side) could be effected by its enclosure and is there anything I can do about it. I was wondering if I could brace the shelf it sits on so that it doesn't resonate or hurt the center channel. I don't seem to notice reverberations but I am sure there is something here. Once in a while when we have a large movie night I pull it out and place it on the main shelf in front of the TV (and in the center) and I believe it does sound better. Would you brace this shelf?

The second question I had was (since I don't want to open another post) related to my room shape and the MultiEQ XT sound correction.

Like I said my room shape is not ideal. Will adding a receiver with the MultiEQ XT or better correction help change the soundscape for someone sitting on the couch in my room? Or is it more for correcting different volumes etc. Ill attach a picture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-20-2013, 09:44 PM

Liked: 11
If you can watch a movie with it on the shelf in the center, why not keep it there? Sorry, I guess I'm missing something.

post #3 of 3 Old 03-21-2013, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Sorry I get too wordy with my posts. What I am asking really is whether leaving it on this shelf is a bad thing or do people add foam/wood under speakers left on thin pieces of wood like this? Is there anything I can do without moving it (which I can't do for aesthetic reasons.) Thanks.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page