ENERGY VS OR MARTIN LOGAN - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-23-2013, 05:49 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
which is a better surround speaker the energy veritas vs surround or the martin logan fx surround speaker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-23-2013, 11:13 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I wouldn't know, but one thing that I can point out is that the V-S spreads only its midrange output (not treble) onto the walls to the sides of the speaker (in addition to bass, which tends to be omnidirectional anyway), while the FX does this only with its treble output. I'm not sure which radiation pattern would be better for surround use, but I will say that I prefer monopoles (regular direct-radiating speakers) for use as surrounds to either of these configurations (not that you asked).

Oh, and the V-S seems to have much better bass capability, so you should be able to cross it over to the subwoofer at 80 Hz, while the FX may have to be crossed over as high as 100 Hz. I wouldn't necessarily choose one over the other for this reason alone, as 100 Hz usually isn't that much of a compromise, and these are surrounds, but in my view it is a valid factor to consider.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-23-2013, 11:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 741
I have the Veritas VS Surround and really like them for what I paid. I paid $400 for the pair when they were readily available. Unless you are buying used for around that price or less, I would consider looking into other speakers as well.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page