UPGRADE OR NOT - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 40 Old 03-29-2013, 04:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Brower history: When something catches my eye, I am like a shark in a feeding frenzy. I research stuff to death. Looking through my history would be like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

I have seen the website with the home shot videos. The video I am talking about was more of a tutorial. The guy as i recall has a reddishsh tint beard. Either the video has been removed or i just can not find it anymore. Generally on youtube there is always an instructional video of everything, you just have to weed through those that do not know what they are talking about.

I changed vendors since the other one was delayed and got a better price. http://sounddistributors.com/buynow.asp?action=detail&prid=711&crid=189&cat_name=Search
add tv15 to the coupong code and it also includes free shipping. Sill back ordered for one week

Actually it turned out to be the same company just differant websites but i still got a better deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 Old 04-01-2013, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

The pioneers came into today, still waiting on subwoofer and wall brackets.

Question: the yamha receiver rx-v465 has a one jack out for the subwoofer and the Premier Acoustic PA-150 1000 has a white and red input. the wording on these is to poor to read what they are in the picture that i have. I think I know the answer to my own question but how do you properly connect this sub to this receiver.
post #33 of 40 Old 04-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by COWBOY1296 View Post

The pioneers came into today, still waiting on subwoofer and wall brackets.

That's great! While you're waiting for the other stuff to arrive, try the speakers and tell us what you think.
Quote:

Question: the yamha receiver rx-v465 has a one jack out for the subwoofer and the Premier Acoustic PA-150 1000 has a white and red input. the wording on these is to poor to read what they are in the picture that i have. I think I know the answer to my own question but how do you properly connect this sub to this receiver.

Simply connect an RCA coaxial cable from the receiver's sub pre-out to one of the sub's inputs. I believe that some subs may indicate which one to use in such cases, and if so then do that, otherwise use either one. In addition, if there is a switch on the sub's rear panel to disable the subwoofer's own crossover, then use that switch to disable the crossover, otherwise turn the dial to the highest frequency, which allows your receiver to handle all of your system's bass management.
post #34 of 40 Old 04-02-2013, 05:27 AM - Thread Starter

What i had read previously was to connect the single line sub out from the receiver to the white only sub in on the subwoofer.

I found a better quality photo of the 120 on another forum. Now i can read what the red and white connections are. White is sub in and red is sub out.
post #35 of 40 Old 04-02-2013, 09:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 765
Quote:

What i had read previously was to connect the single line sub out from the receiver to the white only sub in on the subwoofer.

I found a better quality photo of the 120 on another forum. Now i can read what the red and white connections are. White is sub in and red is sub out.

I can see what you mean in this photo.

But that doesn't sound right. If a sub amp has a single set of white and red RCAs, those are generally both inputs. One for a left channel input and one for a right channel. And then typically what many of the amps will do is designate one of them for when you have a single sub output coming from the back of the receiver. Perhaps they were just being cheap in using the red/white plugs from how they are normally used instead of a different color scheme.

I'd wait until you can check the manual with it before worrying about it further. Or you could ask for help in the PA-120 thread in the AVS subwoofer forum: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1088734/premier-acoustic-pa-120

Your questions are answered:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
post #36 of 40 Old 04-05-2013, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter

Rolling right along. Yesterday was a busy day. Removed old speakers, did some plaster and painting work, mounted the new speakers and set up new tv. The subwoofer is on the truck for delivery today. I sat down and watched a movie last night and it is the first time I can remember ever hearing sound on a normal basis from my rear speakers. Major improvement so far and that is with no sub connected.
post #37 of 40 Old 04-05-2013, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 154
The sub will make a large difference. Make sure you do the sub crawl to put it in its proper location when it is connected
post #38 of 40 Old 04-06-2013, 06:48 AM - Thread Starter

Its all plugged in. Wow what a major difference. I am still playing with the settings. As far as the location, unfortunately there is only one location where it will work, but it seems to be working there just fine. I am older and gave up some of my hearing to the Marine Corps. With my old system I left the closed captions on so that I could read the words even if I could not pick them out no matter how loud I turned the volume up. It appears for now I can turn that option off. Thanks a lot for yalls help. Now on to finding a good universal remote. I only have 4 components and am looking at the URC WR7 Universal Remote Control. Although it has great reviews, it also has a lot of negative reviews. Any thoughts.
post #39 of 40 Old 04-06-2013, 10:19 AM

Liked: 11
Congratulations on the new setup. You may feel the need to rewatch some movies because you will probably notice sounds that were just not there before...I know I did.
post #40 of 40 Old 12-19-2013, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

Not sure what to think. When I first got my speaker system I was totally amazed. However I may have got a setting wrong or something. I keep playing with the settings and sometimes they work. It seems like the base is over driven and sounds like it could cracked but I know its not.

Any suggestions or even an idea of going to a home theater amplifier.

Update: I may have figured out my own problem. I did something I don't normally do I actually read the operators manual on my receiver. I found that when using a subwoofer all speakers are to be set to small. I found that my center speaker was set to large. Its now set to small. Anytime I heard the cracking sound like I was over driving the speaker system it always came from the center front. I am now listening to an action movie right now and so far it sounds great.

UPDATE #2: This should do it for the updates. Still not being happy about the sound I taught myself how to set up the speakers manually instead of the yapo system. Much better with my settings. Plus I can control the base from the comfort of my couch instead of changing it at the subwoofer. I see that it might need changing depending on the movie and sound track.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page