Paradigm Studio 100v5, CC690, and ADP690 or Martin Logan Theos, Motif X, and FX2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-24-2013, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to decide what speaker setup I should go with. Paradigm Studio 100v5 towers, CC690 center, ADP690 surrounds or Martin Logan Theos Towers, Motif x center and FX2 surrounds. I'll be using a Marantz AV8801 processor with an emotiva xpa-5 amp and audioquest diamondback xlr's. What are your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-26-2013, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Heard both, I have a pair of Theos coming in next week. Upgrading from B&W CM9. Later will go with Stage X and Electromotion ESL's to keep it all electrostat. cool.gif

Samsung UN60ES8000, MartinLogan Theos & Stage, B&M CM9 surrounds, Denon 3313, Roku 3, AppleTV, Chromecast, PS4 (SubSolar), Xbox One (SubSolar0)
post #3 of 4 Old 03-26-2013, 08:55 PM

Liked: 10
I'm looking forward to hearing from others as well.

I wish I could offer some help other than I'm in a similar spot. I'm very interested in the Theos. I tried Martin-Logan (I'm so tired I almost typed Martin/Lewis) entry level and Ethos but no stores near me have Theos available for auditioning. I love the image and soundstage but the base model had a troubling drop-off in the treble range when doing A/B comparisons with CM8 (which were punchy, but not my taste) and DefTechs (which I thought sounded like great speakers, but not effortless like the Martin Logans). The Ethos sounded wonderful, but they break my budget ceiling. I was hoping to find out how the Theos handled treble and had enough oomph to do double duty with 5.1/7.1 movies. I'm not AS concerned about the bass since a sub can augment it.

I'm hoping to audition a pair of Paradigm 60s and 100s tomorrow. The place I went today was "remodeling" and said to come back in a week or so.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-26-2013, 10:52 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslaw81 View Post

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to decide what speaker setup I should go with. Paradigm Studio 100v5 towers, CC690 center, ADP690 surrounds or Martin Logan Theos Towers, Motif x center and FX2 surrounds. I'll be using a Marantz AV8801 processor with an emotiva xpa-5 amp and audioquest diamondback xlr's. What are your thoughts?

My Paradigm Studios sound great with my AV8801. I had Emotiva xpa-5 as well. That is a great bang for your buck amp.

HTPC/Gaming Rig:
Silverstone CW02B, I7 3930K, 16GB, ASUS Rampage IV Formula
EVGA Signature Titan> 70 inch ELITE PRO-70X5FD
Auzen HDMI XFi> 7.2 via Marantz AV8801>Wyred4Sound, & Emotiva Amps>Paradigm 100'sV5, ADP590'sV5, 690v5, 20v5's, + Dual HSU-ULS15 Subs

Controlling: Two CX7000ES's via MyMovies
Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm Studio 60

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page