DIY CRAZYNESS - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-24-2013, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Peoples I am new here, I Am looking into doing some DIY speaker work. as i am bored and want a weekend project to do. I currently have an Onkyo tx606 receiver, Bose 401 speakers as my front speakers, Bose 201 speakers as my rear speakers and a 10 inch yamaha sub. I have noticed a lot of Bose bashing when it comes to the Acustimass speakers, and i can agree that they do not sound anywhere near as good as the proper Bose speakers and they are way too over-priced. However I have an idea to use individual acustimass sound systems as individual speakers. I.E having 1 acustimas module and 2 of the little cubes functioning as 1 channel. If i were to go through with the project I would build a custom mount for the little cubes that sits on top of the subwoofer and hopefully have 4 such "speakers" along with similar designed center speaker which would have 4 of the little cubes for a bit more width. combined with a much more powerful sub for the real low end. Is this a stupid idea? or do you think it is worth a shot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-25-2013, 01:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran Duggan View Post

Hi Peoples I am new here, I Am looking into doing some DIY speaker work. as i am bored and want a weekend project to do. I currently have an Onkyo tx606 receiver, Bose 401 speakers as my front speakers, Bose 201 speakers as my rear speakers and a 10 inch yamaha sub. I have noticed a lot of Bose bashing when it comes to the Acustimass speakers, and i can agree that they do not sound anywhere near as good as the proper Bose speakers and they are way too over-priced. However I have an idea to use individual acustimass sound systems as individual speakers. I.E having 1 acustimas module and 2 of the little cubes functioning as 1 channel. If i were to go through with the project I would build a custom mount for the little cubes that sits on top of the subwoofer and hopefully have 4 such "speakers" along with similar designed center speaker which would have 4 of the little cubes for a bit more width. combined with a much more powerful sub for the real low end. Is this a stupid idea? or do you think it is worth a shot?

If you have the money, time and knowledge go for it. Other wise, I would say go buy better speakers, which will probably take less time and money to do so.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home Theater Set Up:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page