No Low Frequency From Klipsch RF800B Speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 03-25-2013, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

Picked up a pair of Klipsch RF800B speakers and a Pioneer VSX-1027-K A/V Receiver this past weekend. Speakers are not Bi-Wired, just using the top speaker +/- terminals with the jumper plates in place. The problem I'm having is that there is highs and mids but now lows (bass). Triple checked that the polarity was correct. Not sure what to try here atm.

Thanks ahead of time!

Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-25-2013, 08:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Perhaps your receiver is set for a subwoofer and the crossover is too high?

If you have no sub the speakers should be set to large.

Did you run MCACC with the setup mic?
JEG75 likes this.

Afro GT
post #3 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 03:34 AM - Thread Starter

Hi afrogt,

Thanks for your reply. In the setup I do have the subwoofer off, fronts set to large and the X-over set to 50Hz. But I've yet to run the MCACC with the mic. Will do that tonight, as well as try Bi-wiring the speakers if that fails.

Jason
post #4 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 03:41 AM - Thread Starter

Not sure if your familiar with this amp or similar models, but I don't remember if there is some sort of +/- db adjustments for the bass. My Yamaha had the ability to adjust that.
post #5 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 08:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEG75 View Post

Hi afrogt,

Thanks for your reply. In the setup I do have the subwoofer off, fronts set to large and the X-over set to 50Hz. But I've yet to run the MCACC with the mic. Will do that tonight, as well as try Bi-wiring the speakers if that fails.

Jason

If you have no subwoofer, why would you have a crossover set to 50hz? That would eliminate anything below 50hz, hence your lowest frequencies.
JEG75 likes this.

Afro GT
post #6 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

The crossover has 50, 80, 100, 150 and 200Hz settings. I ran the MCACC in full auto, and it did help somewhat, not a great deal though. It was on 50Hz I guess because that was the factory preset. After the test it put it up to 80Hz.

Should I try Bi-wiring the speakers next?

Thanks,

Jason
post #7 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Bi-wiring isn't going to help with the lack of bass. Can you set the calibration program for a 2.0 system?

Edit: Did you manually set the center channel, surrounds, and subwoofer to no/none in the setup menu?
post #8 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 04:14 PM

Liked: 56
Can you hear sound from all woofers?
post #9 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

From what I could tell there was no option just for a 2.0 system - it would eliminate all chanels that were not connected during the calibration.

So I came across the Manual MCACC EQ Adjust after the test was done - for the lowest adjustable frequency "63Hz" it set the level to a -4.5 on a scale of -12 and +12. Started turning the levels for both left and right chanels up and what a difference it has made! Currently set at +8.5 level, maybe a little to much, don't want to push them to hard while they're new.

Thanks,

Jason
post #10 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEG75 View Post

Hi afrogt,

Jason

If you have no subwoofer, why would you have a crossover set to 50hz? That would eliminate anything below 50hz, hence your lowest frequencies.

Without a sub the crossover would affect the difference between the speakers set to large and the ones set to small, but I'd still raise it from 50 but not knowing what the others are is hard to say where, might want 100 instead of 80. From the manual in any case:

Select ‘X. OVER’ and set the crossover frequency. Frequencies below this point will be sent to the subwoofer (or LARGE speakers). This setting decides the cutoff between bass sounds playing back from the speakers selected as LARGE , or the subwoofer, and bass sounds playing back from those selected as SMALL. It also decides where the cutoff will be for bass sounds in the LFE channel. With Full Auto MCACC setup or Auto MCACC setup (ALL or Speaker Setting ), the setting here will not apply and the crossover frequency will be automatically set. Crossover frequency is a frequency aimed at achieving the optimal sound field taking into account the bass capacity of all connected speakers and human aural characteristics. If you’re using THX speakers, confirm that the crossover frequency is set to 80Hz
JEG75 likes this.

post #11 of 11 Old 03-26-2013, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

lovinthehd,

Thanks for the info!

For the time being I only have my fronts, might be picking up a woofer this weekend.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page