Looking for suggestions/advice for new Speakers/Home Theatre System - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-30-2013, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello newavsmember. Let me know if you get the firmware working. I recently spent 5 hours trying to get it to work before I got it. Dan has been helping me out as well. I too purchased the 1522K and had some issues with it at first but it works flawlessly now. I am also a newbie so let me know what settings you find you like for movies and music. I can't decide. It's tricky to go through them all and remember what they all sound like. How do you like the projector and new sound? I am also making a big jump going from a $400 dollar speaker system and $600 dollar TV to a 1080 projector and much better speakers. I think you may have posted it but what screen did you go with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2013, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Neveralone777, I did try last night for the firmware update but i got file error and was unable to make the update. Being a newbie myself I was hoping the setup would be easy and all goes well. But seems like NO PAIN NO GAIN. What kind of problems did you had for firmware update and what did you do to resolve the issue.
Also was having trouble to get the Icontrol set up for both IPAD and Samsung Galaxy 2 phone as the receiver isnot recognized in the network. Hopefully this will be resolved once the firmware update is done.

So far I am liking the sound of CMT 340SE. I am just hoping the setup up of speakers and bass will be just right to enjoy it for different kind of movies and don't have to play around every single time.

I don't have the projector screen yet, right now just throwing it on the wall. But I am in process of building the screen(DIY). I completed the frame build done over last weekend but waiting for one of the fabric from spandexworld( Had a minor issue with fabric I already got so they are sending the replacement. I will post an update later this week or next week with some picture if I am able to get it done.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

I was able to get the firmware update as well as have the apps working on both Galaxy and IPAD ( I had iCONTROLAV2 on both before) I removed them and installed iControlAV2012 for galaxy and iControlAV2013 for IPAD.

Now off to building the False wall( minimal approach) and building speaker stands as per Dan suggestion( got 2 4ft by 4ft MDF board in from clearance section in HD for 2 each, they were nice enough to cut them into the size I wanted without any charge). SInce I don't have many wood tools at home, just planning to go with using just screws. WIll keep posted how it turnout.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1080 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by newavsmember View Post

I was able to get the firmware update as well as have the apps working on both Galaxy and IPAD ( I had iCONTROLAV2 on both before) I removed them and installed iControlAV2012 for galaxy and iControlAV2013 for IPAD.

Now off to building the False wall( minimal approach) and building speaker stands as per Dan suggestion( got 2 4ft by 4ft MDF board in from clearance section in HD for 2 each, they were nice enough to cut them into the size I wanted without any charge). SInce I don't have many wood tools at home, just planning to go with using just screws. WIll keep posted how it turnout.

Cool! I would add the option of putting sand inside the stands... play sand works, but you must allow it to air dry for a few days first. Layer the inside of the stands with plastic sheeting so there is no leakage. Yes, the stands will, in turn, be heavy, but they'll give you a much more inert, solid foundation than something hollow. Place a rubber pad on top to set the speakers on.

Check the screen thread for more on AT material used and the recommended speaker distance from said material. Don't want the material to "breathe" while the speakers are pumping away (with the grills off)... Also, there is a thread for "show us your screen wall" in the dedicated theater room section for more ideas.

smile.gif

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
Old 05-04-2013, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

Cool! I would add the option of putting sand inside the stands... play sand works, but you must allow it to air dry for a few days first. Layer the inside of the stands with plastic sheeting so there is no leakage. Yes, the stands will, in turn, be heavy, but they'll give you a much more inert, solid foundation than something hollow. Place a rubber pad on top to set the speakers on.

Check the screen thread for more on AT material used and the recommended speaker distance from said material. Don't want the material to "breathe" while the speakers are pumping away (with the grills off)... Also, there is a thread for "show us your screen wall" in the dedicated theater room section for more ideas.

smile.gif
Dan, Do you have any link for kind of rubber pad you had in mind. I know they are lot of options out there but just don't want to pickup the wrong one and take multiple trips to pick the correct one.

I have been doing a lot of reading on the Dedicated theater room section which inspired me to take the plunge. I am using spandex Milliskin Matte (White) over Milliskin Matte (Light Silver) for the AT screen. Though not the best option but seems like a very good choice in Best bang for buck category. I have the screen done just need to wrap the fabric around it (probably today). Pic of amateur DIY screen frame.