TEKTON LORE OWNERS!!! - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 284 Old 12-17-2013, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
As you probably know, the lower price zu loudspeakers are in the price range of the tekton Lores, but the zu website shoes they are sold out.

Although this thread shows there are some unhappy people...mostly with tekton' s service, there are a lot of people that love their loudspeakers...so, why not call them and see if they have any available stock.

Otherwise, check out the home theater shack review and shoot out of under $1 k speakers..they really liked the Arx 5 and the Martin Logan motion 12. Neither is as efficient as the lore...but not terribly inefficient either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 284 Old 12-30-2013, 06:53 PM

Liked: 10
Well, my situation pertaining to my return of the MLores has finally been resolved satisfactorily. Off I go in a completely different direction with my search.
post #273 of 284 Old 12-30-2013, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 677 Post(s)
Liked: 908
Best direction is diy. Go to diysoundgroup and order minions . I did and they replaced my Oriel 10 and they blow them away. In a totally different league.
post #274 of 284 Old 02-17-2014, 07:00 AM

My husband and I bought a pair of Lores from Eric last year. We received excellent service. We upgraded to a wood finish and were duly informed this would delay the delivery date. We were not given a static delivery date. Eric said it depended what was in the shop being built at the same time. I e-mailed back and forth with him frequently, asking questions. He was always prompt in his replies and very polite.

I understand that things have changed a lot as his cabinet man left and Eric became inundated with business as word got around about these gems of speakers. We have the Lores.

They are some of the best speakers we have ever owned (that's out of 17 pairs). They have become our main speakers, replacing some much more expensive brands. We are using Cary manufactured equipment with Pangea power cords and Nordost and other high end interconnects, all running on PS Audio power cleaners, with a Vortexbox streaming the music.

I don't know why Eric has become less than polite from the stories I hear. I think his workload has become very stressful. I think he is making a mistake expanding his product line into cinema and not offering some of the upgrades on the Lores that he used to. I wish we could have afforded the upgraded capacitors, but after paying for the speakers and the wood finish, we were tapped out on our speaker budget.
post #275 of 284 Old 03-06-2014, 11:23 AM

I am considering the Lores, but after reading this thread not so sure.  Does anyone know when

this was posted on the Tekton site?  Has he taken the steps to remedy his production problems?

Fellow Audiophiles and Music Lovers,

We at Tekton Design are ecstatic with the progress and growth that has come upon us in these past few months. It seems as though more and more are beginning to experience the transcendent thrill of pure, unbridled music and sound. It has always been our purpose to provide the best quality loudspeakers so to bring you, the listener, and the artist closer together. We are pleased to confirm that we continue with the same pledge and mission. It is quite clear that the future holds great promise.

Along the same lines we are aware that, as we continue to grow and expand, there are certain growing pains that must be endured. This was anticipated. Our main priority has always and will always be: the bliss felt by each owner of Tekton Design speakers as they enjoy the experience of multi-award winning audio designs. We take pride in each component and variable of our work and seek to provide the very best for all.

Therefore, we have made arrangements to better our services so that communication and logistics run as smoothly as possible. Talented artists, craftsmen, and apprentices have been recruited and specific jobs appointed so that production can be run more efficiently and time can be allocated appropriately. With the increase of demand, we have stepped up to the plate and increased our resources to satisfy on all levels. We accept accountability for any perceived miscommunications and occasional “longer than expected” lead times that occurred due to the influx of orders. We are grateful for the appreciation and praise that we have received on account of Tekton Design’s innovative, inspired, and leading-edge products . We humbly thank all for your patience and loyalty as we continue to smooth out the rough edges and allow all the privilege of hearing music as we believe it should be heard.

Best Regards,

Eric Alexander
President & CEO
Tekton Design, LLC

post #276 of 284 Old 03-07-2014, 07:50 PM

Liked: 35
Colbs01

Having now owned a pair of Lores for 11 months, I can tell you that if you do decide to go this direction and you want a "live music presentation" with depth, scale, punch and detail, the Lores will do the job.... and they are really easy to drive! Recognize that that all of the Tekton speaker are made in relatively small batches and so it may take 3 weeks and it may take 8 weeks depending how many orders they have on hand...either way, they are worth the wait. If you want grills, then be sure to specify up front that the grills must ship with the speakers. Every now and then, you will see a pair of Lores on Audion or ebay...but they rarely have the grills and they usually command a pretty good price.

One more thing...my sense is that Tekton has sold thousands and thousands of speakers with only a very few complaints noted on the forums...so that, along with the relative few being resold and the high resale price speak to what I suspect is the fact that Eric has a lot of satisfied customers

Good luck!
post #277 of 284 Old 04-07-2014, 12:48 AM

Hi All,

Could anyone please advise what the exact model of the 10" transducer used in the Lore's?

I'm looking to replace this part as one of mine is producing a crackling sound that I believe is coming from the transducer.

I've confirmed the problem exists with one speaker only, if I shift all balance to left it's crackles, all to right and it's fine.

I've replaced the speaker cable & since it can't be a source problem (all is fine when going through the right speaker) I assume it's must be a damaged part in the left speaker.

FYI I brought these second hand & live in Australia so part replacement seems like my best bet, feel free to add any other suggestions if I'm missing something.

Regards,
post #278 of 284 Old 04-07-2014, 01:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 449
If the crackling sound stays with the speaker when you switch the speaker wires, then before you go buying a new driver, the problem may be a poor/intermittent connection from the crossover to the driver. I don't know how the attachment is made but if it's just a removable connector, just take it off and on a couple of times clean the oxide buildup.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #279 of 284 Old 04-07-2014, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

If the crackling sound stays with the speaker when you switch the speaker wires, then before you go buying a new driver, the problem may be a poor/intermittent connection from the crossover to the driver. I don't know how the attachment is made but if it's just a removable connector, just take it off and on a couple of times clean the oxide buildup.

I removed the driver but was unable to remove the internal wiring as it was soldered on, however when screwing the driver back into the cabinet I noticed that one of the scews didnt quite catch, I packed the hole and scewed it in tight and now it's all sorted biggrin.gif

Must have been air leakage that I confused for crackling.

I'm stoked it's fixed smile.gif

Thanks for the assistance.
post #280 of 284 Old 04-07-2014, 04:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 449
You did all the work! Don't know what you packed the hole with but in situations like that I just stick toothpicks in.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #281 of 284 Old 07-18-2014, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Been warming a pair of Enzo;s up for about a week now. Absolutely beautiful sound!
post #282 of 284 Old 08-17-2014, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I just got a pair of M-Lores used and haven't really had a chance to audition them yet. One thing I am noticing though is there is too much bass with the way they are setup and unfortunately I can't move them. Not sure if stuffing the ports will make it worse or better haha. I'm running it with a PT-7030 so I'll have to see if I can make some changes there. One of the most annoying problems is what I'd call reverse sibilance, so it's the lower register of the human voice that's way too enhanced, depending on the male who is speaking though and it has to be a fairly deep voice. Wish I could find the right words for what I'm hearing. I guess I'll also need to get some tools to measure the sound and see what's going on. In the meantime if anyone has any suggestions on a cheap and/or easy way to help with this problem that would be great.

Other than that, even with the minimal amount of time I've had to listen to them I can't tell you how impressed I am with these speaker. Absolutely stunning really.

Make something idiot-proof, and they will build a better idiot
post #283 of 284 Old 08-17-2014, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodscene View Post
I just got a pair of M-Lores used and haven't really had a chance to audition them yet. One thing I am noticing though is there is too much bass with the way they are setup and unfortunately I can't move them. Not sure if stuffing the ports will make it worse or better haha. I'm running it with a PT-7030 so I'll have to see if I can make some changes there. One of the most annoying problems is what I'd call reverse sibilance, so it's the lower register of the human voice that's way too enhanced, depending on the male who is speaking though and it has to be a fairly deep voice. Wish I could find the right words for what I'm hearing. I guess I'll also need to get some tools to measure the sound and see what's going on. In the meantime if anyone has any suggestions on a cheap and/or easy way to help with this problem that would be great.

Other than that, even with the minimal amount of time I've had to listen to them I can't tell you how impressed I am with these speaker. Absolutely stunning really.
Too much bass, "reverse sibilance". Yet they are "absolutely stunning?"
Sounds like you either need some good room treatments, or the sound signature of the speaker doesnt suit your space, or you, or both.
post #284 of 284 Old 08-17-2014, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I realize that it's a bit of a dicotomy but nothing to be confused about. There is more than likely an issue with the room that needs sorted out and obviously they are too close to a wall (the one speaker anyways). If everything was perfect out of the box in every room then there would be no need for Audessey, EQ, etc.

The reverse sibililance as I call it doesn't happen with every male voice, just on one of the tv shows I've watched and that was also the same with the slightly boomy bass. I just watched Frozen with the new speakers and no issue with any of the above.

Make something idiot-proof, and they will build a better idiot

Last edited by Nodscene; 08-17-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page