TEKTON LORE OWNERS!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 280 Old 03-28-2013, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone! I'm new to AVS forums. I've been into AV for quite some time but just pulled the trigger on my first "full range" speaker The Tekton Lore. I have owned both floorstanders and monitors such as wharfedales (love them) paradigms, monitor audio, klipsch etc.

I listen to everything except rap and hip hop.. How will these sound compared to some of the hifi speakers I've owned in the past? I guess I'm a little nervous about the Lores because they are different from what I've had. I just ordered them on the 18th so i have plenty of time to stew on it! cool.gif

I've read through a lot of forums but mostly find pendragon owners. If anyone can share their experience with them I'd appreciate it!!

AJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 280 Old 03-29-2013, 05:34 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 30
Best Place to post is in the Tekton forum. M Lores are very well thought of and have been professionally reviewed. They are different from the speakers you have owned in the past...

The closest I would say are the wharfedales... Of course there are very wide differences in all that you mentioned depending on the line of speaker as well... Icon vs Horns in Klipsch are worlds apart.
post #3 of 280 Old 03-29-2013, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you Newbie. Any others?
post #4 of 280 Old 03-30-2013, 12:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 690
I have the tekton Oriel 10 which are very similar to the lore. I usually post in the pendragon forum cuz there a lot more people. Be aware that delivery is backed up and may take way longer then expected . Read the pendragon thread to get a sense.
As far as the lore/oriels their awesome ! Had b&w at same price point and tekton crushes them. They play effortlessly loud , huge soundstage , guitars sound live , and voices smooth. They take a good 20 hours to break in so be aware. I have the pendragon centre and although they are from different limes they go well together .
Enjoy !
post #5 of 280 Old 03-30-2013, 01:52 AM

Liked: 14
I bought my Lore last year and it has been one of my best investment and I highly recommend it.. I owned floor stand B&W, JBL, Bose before, and auditioned many different brands of floor stand speakers in the $1000-$2000 price range (e.g. KEF, B&W, Monitor Audio etc.) Nothing can come close to what the Lore can offer. The Lore play different style of music effortlessly from classics, contemporary , Jazz to Pop. The bass extension is just awesome and it gets better after one year of use. ( I owned a SVS sub which I only need to use it when playing movies). I toed in and tilt the speaker a bit upwards to get better imaging for the highs. My listening area is about 13' by 25'.
post #6 of 280 Old 03-30-2013, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

I appreciate the replies. What kind of amps are you guys powering your lores/oriels with? I can't wait to get them! biggrin.gif
post #7 of 280 Old 03-30-2013, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 690
Just denon receiver 90 watts . I can hit 100 db for movies and still clean . Will get an amp in a year or so. Never had one and always wanted one.
post #8 of 280 Old 03-30-2013, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 40
What is amp guys? Any pic you can show me? What is amp do? I thougt the denon is already amp?

(2) Energy RC 70 towers
(1) Energy Veritas 2.0C center
(2) Energy Veritas 2.0R surrounds
(2) Energy RC LCR back surrounds
(1) Rythmik LV12R sub
(1) Denon 2112CI avr
(1) LG 55" LM7600 tv
post #9 of 280 Old 04-16-2013, 02:57 AM

I use both a Yamaha RX-A2010 AV amp and a 3W Line Magnetic mini218 SET tube amp. The Lore sounds great on both.
post #10 of 280 Old 04-30-2013, 05:25 AM

Have you received your Lores yet. I would like to know how do they sound.

Thanks!

Joe
post #11 of 280 Old 04-30-2013, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Joe. No I haven't received them yet.. I ordered them in high gloss black. Eric has said the have the cabinets made and they were "getting to them this week".

I hope to receive them mid to late May. I was originally told 5-6 weeks but I set my expectations to 8 because I know hes way behind. I'll be posting a review as soon as I receive them. Thinking about getting a pair?
post #12 of 280 Old 05-01-2013, 01:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfire View Post

Hello everyone! I'm new to AVS forums. I've been into AV for quite some time but just pulled the trigger on my first "full range" speaker The Tekton Lore. I have owned both floorstanders and monitors such as wharfedales (love them) paradigms, monitor audio, klipsch etc.

I listen to everything except rap and hip hop.. How will these sound compared to some of the hifi speakers I've owned in the past? I guess I'm a little nervous about the Lores because they are different from what I've had. I just ordered them on the 18th so i have plenty of time to stew on it! cool.gif

I've read through a lot of forums but mostly find pendragon owners. If anyone can share their experience with them I'd appreciate it!!

AJ

Which Paradigm, MA, and Klipsch speakers did you have specifically?
Those are some fairly different sounding speakers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinghai View Post

I bought my Lore last year and it has been one of my best investment and I highly recommend it.. I owned floor stand B&W, JBL, Bose before, and auditioned many different brands of floor stand speakers in the $1000-$2000 price range (e.g. KEF, B&W, Monitor Audio etc.) Nothing can come close to what the Lore can offer. The Lore play different style of music effortlessly from classics, contemporary , Jazz to Pop. The bass extension is just awesome and it gets better after one year of use. ( I owned a SVS sub which I only need to use it when playing movies). I toed in and tilt the speaker a bit upwards to get better imaging for the highs. My listening area is about 13' by 25'.

Do you remember which specific speakers you auditioned and which ones you owned?
Besides the Bose, of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp View Post

I have the tekton Oriel 10 which are very similar to the lore. I usually post in the pendragon forum cuz there a lot more people. Be aware that delivery is backed up and may take way longer then expected . Read the pendragon thread to get a sense.
As far as the lore/oriels their awesome ! Had b&w at same price point and tekton crushes them. They play effortlessly loud , huge soundstage , guitars sound live , and voices smooth. They take a good 20 hours to break in so be aware. I have the pendragon centre and although they are from different limes they go well together .
Enjoy !

Which B&W did you own and what about the Oriel's do you feel is better?
Do you think the B&W speakers didn't sound as good because you didn't power them to the same levels as the Tektons?
Sensitivity between the two speakers are completely different. You'd need 8 or more times the power for the B&W.
Do you prefer playing you music loudly? I'm just trying to gauge what kind of listening preferences do you have in comparison to mine as I obviously can't audition Tekton speakers.
post #13 of 280 Old 05-06-2013, 05:48 AM

Liked: 34
Tekton Lore Review:

Like others have said, I think you are really going to enjoy the Lores:

I placed an order with Eric in early January for the standard black Lore with grills. I stayed in touch with him via email every 3-4 weeks and they were delivered in April. They are beautifully finished and understated in a very classy way. Eric told me it would take 30-50 hours before they really started to hit their stride and for the bass to go deep; he was right on the money.

As of now, I have about 60 hours on them; they are every bit as good as Steve Lefkowicz’s review in Positive Feedback http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue60/tekton.htm suggests, maybe even better. The Lores are very musical whether playing soft or loud; in fact, their dynamics at low levels are really surprising with no hint of compression. We expect this at loud levels but rarely do we get it at lower volumes.

They do go very deep, not with a boom, boom, thump, thump but with stomach rolling notes that you feel. You will be able to easily hear the difference between the stand-up bass, the bass guitar, the tuba and the kick drum. And, at low levels, you don’t feel like you need to “push the loudness compensation button” as the low end doesn’t disappear. You won’t need a subwoofer for listening to music.

The top to bottom tonal accuracy is really good; pianos sound like piano, trumpets like trumpets and flutes like flutes. They are transparent, and the mids are revealing, sweet and smooth. Voices and cymbals are really nice and there is no harshness or bite. You can easily hear individual instruments and their location within the soundstage is good. Their soundstage is dimensional and has appropriate width, height and depth depending on the recording and can easily extend beyond the speakers themselves. The vertical and horizontal dispersion is outstanding which allows for a very wide sweet spot; in fact the Lores sound great when you are listening
from another room.

One of the biggest unexpected surprises I’ve experienced has come from people stopping by to visit. Since music it somewhat of a personal thing, I really never go out of the way to point out my system. With the Lores being new, they get noticed and usually people ask if they can hear something. I let them pick through my music selection so they can hear something they are familiar with. Usually, an hour or so later, they are still asking to hear more selections; and their reaction is predictable, “I’ve never heard anything that sounds so much like live music”.

Now that Steve Guttenberg has given the ENZOs such a nice endorsement in CNET, I’m guessing that the Tekton website is going to be getting a lot of hits and that there will be a lot of interest in Lores as well; at $1000 the Lores are one of the really great bargains in hifi. They truly are "illusion engines" that transport the musicians to your listening area!

Yes, I really like mine a lot....happy to answer any questions that any of you may have.
post #14 of 280 Old 05-27-2013, 09:31 PM

Hi RN, how you like your M-Lores? Do you watch only music or Movies also?

Dude seriously!
post #15 of 280 Old 05-28-2013, 02:52 PM

Actually, I have the Lores and not the MLores. They are set up in a 2.0 system....no sub. My listening is 80% music but I do use them for certain Cable stations and for BluRay. They go very deep...plenty deep for most music....but I sure that a big sub would help in the very deep sound affects areas for movies.
post #16 of 280 Old 06-08-2013, 08:10 PM

Liked: 18
I just read a lot of posts in the Pendragon Forum.
There are some unhappy campers there, freely venting about their experiences with Tekton's service level.
I ordered a pair of Lore's in Dec. 2012, paying up-front via Paypal. I was also given an unrealistic ship date. Had to become the squeaky wheel. Also heard all the tall tales about divorce, kidnapping, etc.
Finally received the pair of Lore's in January. I always had a nagging feeling that maybe I ended up with a pair that was hastily assembled and possibly not properly tested--although I have no proof of that actually being the case. I could write pages about how much I love the sound, although I could probably not find adequate words.
First drove them with a Pioneer VSX 915, then added an Emotiva UPA-700. Used the pre-amp outs from the Pioneer. Life was wonderful, until one of the Audax Gold tweeters blew up.
I emailed Eric to ask for a new tweeter under his 5 year warranty. His response was:

"Bummer! 95% of the time this type of problem is a power exposure issue and burnt or open voice coils are not covered by warranty. The good news here though is that this is replaceable diaphragm tweeter. The simplest and fastest path here would be for you to order a new diaphragm from Madisound and make the swap."
So, now the alleged warranty turns out to be warranty at all? I wonder if the woofer is covered? The paint on the speaker cabinet? Maybe Eric would send you a new set of spikes, in the event the old ones get dull? Or offer to re-sharpen them?
Eric asked me to mail him the burned-out Audax coil. I threw good money after bad and priority-mailed it to him. I neve received a reply. As I removed the bad tweeter in order to install the new coil, I noticed that the black wire was on the plus terminal, and the red wire on the smaller minus terminal. I emailed Eric, asking him to confirm this was correct. I never received an answer.
I energized the input terminals on the back of the cabinet with a 1.5V battery, and used a volt meter at the tweeter connection to verify the polarity. Yes, black on positive was correct.
After fixing the tweeter at my own expense, I switched to running the front main Lore's with an Integra ADM 2.1. (105W/ch at 8 ohm) Wow! Lore's started sounding even better.
Then, on May 27, Both tweeters blew. The newly replaced unit, as well as the other original. At that point I emailed Eric. I told him that the best sounding speakers on the planet are of no use to me, if I cannot play them as loud as I please. I suggested to send me a pair of shipping boxes (I discarded my boxes early April), along with a prepaid Fedex label, have me send them back, give me a refund, minus his original $60 shipping--and we would part friends. He left me a voice mail, sweet as pie---no problem, whatever it takes to make you happy--refund, no problem--call me in the morning.
Well, by "the morning" next day I had a new email from him. He went into lengthy explanations of how many speakers he had built---how it is obviously a problem with my amps, etc. He did offer to let me ship the Lore's back to him at my expense, "for examination", with a vague promise to refund my shipping costs under certain coditions.
I called him, and we had a lively discussion. Eventually we settled into a congenial tone of conversation. I related to him some of the hi-end speakers I have had in the last 50 years. Also mentioned that a single woofer on a pair of Snell monitors I had in the late 80's was the only driver I ever blew up--ever-ever. Eric was thinking out loud to me. Suggested maybe a trade-up to Pendragons--but then said--no--bad idea--the Pendragon tweeter is even more delicate. He also mentioned he had a Pendragon owner who regurlarly blows up his tweeters--but "that man doesn't get as angry about it as you" --- and yes, he also admits playing his Pendragons loud. Comforting!
Lastly, I inquired if a x-over mod may be helpful. Eric jumped at that idea. Immediately mailed me two 8.2 uf, and two 3.3 uf caps, to replace the existing 10 and 4's, respectively. Supposedly that will reduce the tweeter output. As I was repairing the tweeter coils I took a closer peak inside the cabinets. X-over is mounted on a cross-brace just below tweeter level. No visible attaching screws--suspect the x-o board is glued to the brace. Emailed Eric with that question. He replied to call him. Have not yet called him. I suspect he will tell me to do the cap swap through the woofer cutout. Sorry--I'm talented, but have no experience building ships-in-a-bottle. Besides, do I really want reduced tweeter output? Did I not pay for the sound the Lore's have 'as-is" ? Besides, If I wanted to sell these, I feel that original state would be better than some hail-mary last-ditch effort capacitor modification. What do you think?

Any comments on the proposed mod are welcome. Anybody out there having similar tweeter issues?

I'm new around here---Is there a way to advertise a pair of Lore's for sale on this Forum? Any other advice?
post #17 of 280 Old 06-08-2013, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidesertrat View Post

There are some unhappy campers there, freely venting about their experiences with Tekton's service level.
I ordered a pair of Lore's in Dec. 2012, paying up-front via Paypal. I was also given an unrealistic ship date. Had to become the squeaky wheel. Also heard all the tall tales about divorce, kidnapping, etc.
Finally received the pair of Lore's in January. I always had a nagging feeling that maybe I ended up with a pair that was hastily assembled and possibly not properly tested--although I have no proof of that actually being the case. I could write pages about how much I love the sound, although I could probably not find adequate words.
First drove them with a Pioneer VSX 915, then added an Emotiva UPA-700. Used the pre-amp outs from the Pioneer. Life was wonderful, until one of the Audax Gold tweeters blew up.
I emailed Eric to ask for a new tweeter under his 5 year warranty. His response was:

"Bummer! 95% of the time this type of problem is a power exposure issue and burnt or open voice coils are not covered by warranty. The good news here though is that this is replaceable diaphragm tweeter. The simplest and fastest path here would be for you to order a new diaphragm from Madisound and make the swap."
So, now the alleged warranty turns out to be warranty at all? I wonder if the woofer is covered? The paint on the speaker cabinet? Maybe Eric would send you a new set of spikes, in the event the old ones get dull? Or offer to re-sharpen them?
Eric asked me to mail him the burned-out Audax coil. I threw good money after bad and priority-mailed it to him. I neve received a reply. As I removed the bad tweeter in order to install the new coil, I noticed that the black wire was on the plus terminal, and the red wire on the smaller minus terminal. I emailed Eric, asking him to confirm this was correct. I never received an answer.
I energized the input terminals on the back of the cabinet with a 1.5V battery, and used a volt meter at the tweeter connection to verify the polarity. Yes, black on positive was correct.
After fixing the tweeter at my own expense, I switched to running the front main Lore's with an Integra ADM 2.1. (105W/ch at 8 ohm) Wow! Lore's started sounding even better.
Then, on May 27, Both tweeters blew. The newly replaced unit, as well as the other original. At that point I emailed Eric. I told him that the best sounding speakers on the planet are of no use to me, if I cannot play them as loud as I please. I suggested to send me a pair of shipping boxes (I discarded my boxes early April), along with a prepaid Fedex label, have me send them back, give me a refund, minus his original $60 shipping--and we would part friends. He left me a voice mail, sweet as pie---no problem, whatever it takes to make you happy--refund, no problem--call me in the morning.
Well, by "the morning" next day I had a new email from him. He went into lengthy explanations of how many speakers he had built---how it is obviously a problem with my amps, etc. He did offer to let me ship the Lore's back to him at my expense, "for examination", with a vague promise to refund my shipping costs under certain coditions.
I called him, and we had a lively discussion. Eventually we settled into a congenial tone of conversation. I related to him some of the hi-end speakers I have had in the last 50 years. Also mentioned that a single woofer on a pair of Snell monitors I had in the late 80's was the only driver I ever blew up--ever-ever. Eric was thinking out loud to me. Suggested maybe a trade-up to Pendragons--but then said--no--bad idea--the Pendragon tweeter is even more delicate. He also mentioned he had a Pendragon owner who regurlarly blows up his tweeters--but "that man doesn't get as angry about it as you" --- and yes, he also admits playing his Pendragons loud. Comforting!
Lastly, I inquired if a x-over mod may be helpful. Eric jumped at that idea. Immediately mailed me two 8.2 uf, and two 3.3 uf caps, to replace the existing 10 and 4's, respectively. Supposedly that will reduce the tweeter output. As I was repairing the tweeter coils I took a closer peak inside the cabinets. X-over is mounted on a cross-brace just below tweeter level. No visible attaching screws--suspect the x-o board is glued to the brace. Emailed Eric with that question. He replied to call him. Have not yet called him. I suspect he will tell me to do the cap swap through the woofer cutout. Sorry--I'm talented, but have no experience building ships-in-a-bottle. Besides, do I really want reduced tweeter output? Did I not pay for the sound the Lore's have 'as-is" ? Besides, If I wanted to sell these, I feel that original state would be better than some hail-mary last-ditch effort capacitor modification. What do you think?

Any comments on the proposed mod are welcome. Anybody out there having similar tweeter issues?

I'm new around here---Is there a way to advertise a pair of Lore's for sale on this Forum? Any other advice?

Man that sucks, sorry to hear that. So why won't Eric warranty the tweeter? And why is it common for his other customer? I thought people were saying that Tekton speakers could be cranked as high as the user wanted to without any issues?

Man I'm so glad I ended up going with JTR Noesis speakers over Tekton.
You should post this in the other Tekton thread for people to read.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Axiom Audio QS8 surrounds
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
Dual PSA XS30's (gone but not forgotten)
post #18 of 280 Old 06-08-2013, 08:39 PM

Thanks for the sympathy! I needed that.

This warranty refusal is very disconcerting. It clearly states 5 years on the Tekton website--unless I missed something. The man could have sent me the $29 replacement coil, and walked away as the good guy merchant. Maybe his company is in financial trouble? Or, he refuses to accept the fact that one of his creations could be less than perfect? You tell me--

The man is obviously a genius speaker designer/builder. Unfortunately, he seems to have zero business or customer relations skills.
I get green with envy looking at Axiom or Emotiva, or Zu Audio sites. Those folks are 100% behind their products. Customer service 24/7. Had a bad input board on an Emo amp---they apologized--fedexed me a replacement board overnight--no questions asked.
How can any business let a customer who paid them a grand, walk away disappointed for a freaking 28 buck tweeter coil?

Got a link for these speakers you like so much? What are they similar to, if any?
post #19 of 280 Old 06-08-2013, 09:16 PM

Sell the Lores and buy something from Zu. You'll be glad you did. They sound better than the Tektons and Zu will stand behind their products.
post #20 of 280 Old 06-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:

What a crock! I truly feel for you. Even prior to your post I thought that potential customers reading the Pendragon thread might be worried about potential warranty issues. Would this guy even still be in business should you have a warranty issue down the road. Well, stop worrying! Even while in business it appears that he doesn't honor the warranty. Get them fixed and sell them while there's still some gullible Koolaid drinker out there willing to buy them.
post #21 of 280 Old 06-08-2013, 10:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Got a link for these speakers you like so much? What are they similar to, if any?

They're JTR Noesis 228HT's, not the prettiest looking speakers although I don't mind how they look. I have them in my dedicated theatre room, so looks don't really matter. But they sound amazing.

http://jtrspeakers.websitetoolbox.com/post/Noesis-228HT-(Update-352013)-619755

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1458711/jtr-noesis-228ht-the-best-speaker-you-never-heard-of-for-1200-pricepoint

If you're looking for something a little more furniture grade looking the Ascend Acoustics Sierra towers and matching centre channel are another highly regarded speaker.
http://ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/speakers/SRT/srt.html

And they also look great with the bamboo finished cabinets.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
post #22 of 280 Old 06-08-2013, 10:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

If you're looking for something a little more furniture grade looking the Ascend Acoustics Sierra towers and matching centre channel are another highly regarded speaker.
http://ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/speakers/SRT/srt.html

And they also look great with the bamboo finished cabinets.
Just a point of clarification, the Sierra cabinets are all bamboo...not just finished in bamboo smile.gif. The finishes are different stains or paints (gloss or piano black, but still bamboo).

-curtis

Owner of Wave Crest Audio
Volunteer Mod at the Ascend Acoustics Forum
Like all things on the Internet, do your research, as forums have a good amount of misinformation.
Help beat breast cancer!

post #23 of 280 Old 06-08-2013, 10:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang View Post

Just a point of clarification, the Sierra cabinets are all bamboo...not just finished in bamboo smile.gif. The finishes are different stains or paints (gloss or piano black, but still bamboo).

Yes sorry, I should have mentioned that too instead of saying bamboo finish.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
post #24 of 280 Old 06-08-2013, 11:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Yes sorry, I should have mentioned that too instead of saying bamboo finish.
I was pretty sure you knew....I just wanted to make sure it was clear.

As an apology, you can send me a pair of your JTRs for evaluation. smile.gif

-curtis

Owner of Wave Crest Audio
Volunteer Mod at the Ascend Acoustics Forum
Like all things on the Internet, do your research, as forums have a good amount of misinformation.
Help beat breast cancer!

post #25 of 280 Old 06-08-2013, 11:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang View Post

I was pretty sure you knew....I just wanted to make sure it was clear.

As an apology, you can send me a pair of your JTRs for evaluation. smile.gif

Haha..... I wish I had a pair of the Sierra towers to compare them with.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
post #26 of 280 Old 06-09-2013, 08:33 AM

I now have 100 hours on my Lores and can easily play them at 105 db as measured at the listening area which is 11 feet from the speakers…and my amp shows that it is putting out less than 60 watts per channel on the peaks. As you probably saw in the spec section of the Audax Gold on the Madisound website..these tweeters can take 200 watts per channel….and are EXTREMELY loud with that much power. My thinking is that you could have either of 3 problems:
1. Eric got a bad batch of tweeters
2. Eric got a bad batch of crossovers
3. Your amps are not putting out clean power if/when they clip
Possible Solutions:
a. If you are within the 30 day return period, notify Eric in writing that you are invoking your right to return…and then pay him for new boxes and to mail them to you and then return them
b. If you are outside the 30 days, notify him in writing that you are filing a warranty claim and that you want him to send you new crossovers and new tweeters at no charge..and that you will return the originals for him to file a claim with the manufacturer

Personally, I love my Lores. Not only do they exceed expectations but they pretty much shock anyone who stops by and listens to them with their “sounds like live music” sound. But, if you decide to sell them, you will have no problem on ebay or audigon….when you see any Tekton product listed on those sites..they go fast and usually for about 80% of retail.

Good Luck
post #27 of 280 Old 06-09-2013, 04:16 PM

As I mentioned above, I was sent two pairs of x-over caps for a field modification to my Lores. At the last moment I decided against doing the mod, for now. However, I did a
MCACC calibration --with all subs, center, surrounds, backs disconnected---only the Lores as front mains--set to "large".
Calibration mic distance was 10 feet--speakers angled in, pointing directly at the mic. Mic on a tripod, pointing straight up, at seated listening ear height. Back of cabinets 3' 2" from back wall, Speakers on 12 in stands, left 32" from side wall, right 23 in from a stub wall (stub divides room from the front door) At least 75% of all walls are covered with floor to ceiling drapery. AC off, no fans running. Dead silent ambient. Room open to the hallway near right surround speaker position.
The purpose was to take a calibration reading before the cap mod--to be later compared to another calibration after the mod.
Below: from left to right: frequency adjusted, left channel, right channel. This is not a speaker response curve. The numbers represent the DB adjustments made by MCACC.

63 +6, +5.5
125 +2, -5.5
250 +1, +.5
500 -5.5, -1.5
1000 -3.5, -4.0
2000 +2.5, +4.5
4000 -3.0, -2.5
8000 0.0, 0.0
16000 +.5, +2.5

I wonder if any Lore owners who have used MCACC, have any comments on these results, based on their own experience.
post #28 of 280 Old 06-10-2013, 09:52 PM

Anybody thinking about upgrading to Zu Omens--READ THIS:

Folks,
beware of psycho ebay guy by name of tomcentral , selling: Zu Audio Omen Def Mk.I-B /GHOST BLACK on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zu-Audio-Omen-Def-Mk-I-B-GHOST-BLACK-/261224554009?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=K%252FfihxFITwgqENpq6WfLQI8jB9c%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Item number:

This guy is not a well puppy. I won the bid on his acution. ($2,325) ---and mind you, I am good for it---He called me, wanting to deliver--I said no--proof of delivery for you--proof of payment for me.
He then claimed to be admitted to a hospital, near death--unable to get UPS shipping charges, and called me to insist on local delivery from Arizona to Barstow, Ca.--even from his freaking hospital bed...
Then, called me a "control-freak" for me wanting him to abide to ebay auction terms. Yeahhh, a real piece of work. May he rot in his alleged hospital bed...

Thank God, I got him to cancel the ebay auction. What a POS.....!!!

Control-freak ??? Really?? ? Yes, for sure, when it comes to scammers.....

Anybody out there wants proof of what I say--let me know--I have copies of all his emails, and text messages. Will be more than happy to expose this POS. Just ask me, please.
post #29 of 280 Old 06-10-2013, 10:19 PM

Liked: 17
He has no problem leaving feedback for others from the hospital apparently tongue.gif

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=tomcentral&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers
hidesertrat likes this.
post #30 of 280 Old 06-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Advanced Member

You should post up pictures of your Lores if you still have them. A forum is one of the best ways to get the word out about experiences with a product, good or bad.
Maybe it will shed some light on some of these "classified" Tekton designs.
I wonder if Eric doesn't realize that someone who wants to copy his design can just buy one...
seifer300 likes this.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page