Too many speaker options. Assistance Needed!!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 03-30-2013, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In the market for some towers for my garage setup. FINALLY just placed a pair of crappy 301's that were entertaining us during the spring in summer in the garage and sometimes outside for an occasional movie or two. We use a Pioneer VSX 1022 to control them. I spent an afternoon at the local BB and another retailer. I really enjoyed the Martin Logan Motion 20's and 40's at BB. They were my favorite at that retailer. Apparently the 20's I heard were bi-amped to a Pioneer vsx-??? but whether it was set up right is another question... they did sound very very good. Headed over to the stereo shop and decided I liked the PSB Imagine T Tower's equally. The rep said they were bi-wired but I didn't get into any of that or reasons. WIsh I could here them side by side. I would rather not drop $2000(PSB) on a pair for my garage but I like a good product better than the next. I was hoping BB had some Polk towers in stock but sadly nada. I can find the ML 40's for 1500 online and the 20's close to a thousand which is more my price range but I will spend the extra $500 for a superior speaker. If I'm missing the boat on a speaker please chime in and help me out. I have Polks in my basement setup which are ok but I think I'm ready to try a new sound, maybe. We use the garage for movies on the 204" screen but I use the equipment for music more often. I usually bring the sub from the basement up to the garage during the summer time. I've read plenty of reviews and there is just to many options. I don't own a tower so that is the reasoning for a tower instead of another bookshelf. Thoughts on the speakers I mentioned is definitely welcomed and feel free to recommend anything else at this point. I will keep reading through the archives in the meantime.

Thank you for all the information that has already been posted and for any new info to come.

-rb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-30-2013, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I'm trying to picture a garage movie theater in my head, do you have pics?
post #3 of 7 Old 03-30-2013, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

LOL. I guess it does sound kind of funny. It keep me out of the basement in the summer time, we watch mostly boxing and a few movies here and there. Wicker patio furniture, painted and decorated walls, popcorn machine, large indoor outdoor carpet, projector and large screen, etc. In upstate NY we call it an italian living room room but this is with a twist. Let's get back on topic...

I helped with the visual - your turn now.
post #4 of 7 Old 03-30-2013, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Not sure how big your garage is but if you want some towers that are inexpensive, yet still sound very good, look into the Arx A5. They might fit the bill.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
post #5 of 7 Old 03-30-2013, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreray View Post

LOL. I guess it does sound kind of funny. It keep me out of the basement in the summer time, we watch mostly boxing and a few movies here and there. Wicker patio furniture, painted and decorated walls, popcorn machine, large indoor outdoor carpet, projector and large screen, etc. In upstate NY we call it an italian living room room but this is with a twist. Let's get back on topic...

I helped with the visual - your turn now.

Well Cerwin Vega is still the first thing that comes to mind for garage speakers.

http://www.cerwinvega.com/home-audio/floorstanding-speakers/xls-15.html
post #6 of 7 Old 03-30-2013, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

I am not sure the Cerwin Vega's are for me. Aesthetically they are not what I am looking for I do know that. I am using a vsx1022 for power which also comes into play. The receiver is brand new I purchased it at BB for $55 - they matched amazon's 249 price and I used a 170 or so in reward zone coupons.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-31-2013, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Happy Easter!!!
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page