Small speaker ideas for bedroom - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 04-02-2013, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm mounting a 40-inch Bravia (KDL40EX640) on our bedroom wall. I've read that the sound on these tv's are pretty bad so I would like to look for some better options. The wife won't let me mount any speakers and it would have to be pretty small/discrete. I was thinking maybe a wireless speaker of some sort, but need ideas on where to put them. Also, do they make small, wireless soundboards or center channel speakers that I could put on our table under the tv? Looking to spend no more than $200, if possible. What are my options?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-02-2013, 08:24 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock324 View Post

I'm mounting a 40-inch Bravia (KDL40EX640) on our bedroom wall. I've read that the sound on these tv's are pretty bad so I would like to look for some better options. The wife won't let me mount any speakers and it would have to be pretty small/discrete. I was thinking maybe a wireless speaker of some sort, but need ideas on where to put them. Also, do they make small, wireless soundboards or center channel speakers that I could put on our table under the tv? Looking to spend no more than $200, if possible. What are my options?

I wish I had the perfect answer for you, but I really don't. Wireless and $200 are criteria that don't mix much. For the money, I think you're looking at a soundbar setup. For me, one of the best "TV speaker improvements" is a soundbar or a small, wall-mounted speaker/receiver combo, with the speakers mounted out pretty wide. I have some Martin Logan Motion 4's on my wall powered by a HK-3490...obviously the low end is lacking, but the clarity and overall depth of sound I get on movies is a HUGE jump from what my Panasonic ST-50 can do, and it's no slouch for a TV.

post #3 of 7 Old 04-02-2013, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Do they make wireless center speakers? Would they improve the sound? Not looking to get anything fancy....just somewhat of upgrade.
post #4 of 7 Old 04-02-2013, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

What about a pair of wireless speakers that I could put on ground behind bed or under nightstand?
post #5 of 7 Old 04-02-2013, 09:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock324 View Post

"Audioengine'"might have something for you. I purchased the A5's...(a little more money then you want to spend). I also purchased Audioengine"s wireless addaptor. Two small Powered speakers plugged in to the TV with a mini cable and you're in business.(volume knob is on the speaker). The wife can plug her smart phone or lap top in to the left speaker for Pandora or other digital music as well.

The speakers come with their own soft bag with a tie string, making them very portable and easy to repack back into their box for storage.

Espo77
post #6 of 7 Old 04-02-2013, 10:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 92
+1

If the A5 pair is too large or too pricey the A2 pair might fit the bill - they cost $200. And I'm sure they would be a big improvement over the TV speakers wink.gif
post #7 of 7 Old 04-03-2013, 07:58 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdg4vfx View Post

+1

If the A5 pair is too large or too pricey the A2 pair might fit the bill - they cost $200. And I'm sure they would be a big improvement over the TV speakers wink.gif

I agree these will sound better than TV speakers, but many TV's, when external speakers are connected, no longer allow you to control volume with the remote control. So, the OP would have to get up any time the volume needed adjusting.

Rock324, you mentioned putting these under the bed or somewhere else, just keep in mind, you'll probably want these speakers in the area of your TV, otherwise you'll be watching a show, but the sound will be coming from somewhere else (like under your bed, if you put speakers there).

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page