Which floorstanding speakers? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 04-17-2013, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi I am looking at purchasing some floorstanding speakers and replacing my old bookshelves. I'm looking at something like the Klipsch KF- 28 or the RF - 52 II (or something better in the price range if any of you have better ideas). I am also planning to pair it with my 12" sub. Just wondering what the thoughts were regarding those speakers paired with a sub as one has dual 8" woofers and one the other has dual 5.25" woofers. Also, was planning on purchasing a Denon 1613 and was wondering if that would be enough for that setup. Oh ya, its a very large room too. Downstairs living room and kitchen is all one room so its very open.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-17-2013, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 105
Check out these. I own them and they are better and cheaper than either of the 2 speakers you listed at least IMO and I have heard both the KF28 and the RF52II.
http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/core/view_BigProduct.cfm?pid=1530&sc=32

Shawn
post #3 of 8 Old 04-17-2013, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

I read up a litlte about those speakers just now and am wondering how you feel about the mid-range as many people mentioned that they feel that is lacking with those. But for the most part people have said they're amazing for the price.
post #4 of 8 Old 04-17-2013, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 90
The Arx A5 towers are a great set and a damn good bargain for the price. http://www.theaudioinsider.com/manufacturers.php?mPath=13 I've been totally happy with mine, great tweeter and midrange with punchy tight midbass.

Theres also the Swan Diva 4.2 towers http://www.theaudioinsider.com/index.php?loudspeakers=swan-diva&cPath=21_22&
post #5 of 8 Old 04-17-2013, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwinwNg View Post

Hi I am looking at purchasing some floorstanding speakers and replacing my old bookshelves. I'm looking at something like the Klipsch KF- 28 or the RF - 52 II (or something better in the price range if any of you have better ideas). I am also planning to pair it with my 12" sub. Just wondering what the thoughts were regarding those speakers paired with a sub as one has dual 8" woofers and one the other has dual 5.25" woofers.

Also, was planning on purchasing a Denon 1613 and was wondering if that would be enough for that setup. Oh ya, its a very large room too. Downstairs living room and kitchen is all one room so its very open.

What's your budet (total budget for speakers and receiver)? Have you heard Klipsch (specifically those that you've listed) and liked them? How large is your room roughly? What sub do you own?

As far as the Denon 1613, that depends on what you need. Do you need/want Airplay? Do you need/want MultEQ XT or just MultEQ? Do you need 7.1 or is 5.1 okay?

Panny 65st60 / Denon / EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
post #6 of 8 Old 04-17-2013, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

I'd like to keep the budget at around 1000 but willing to go over a couple hundred or so if it is worth it. I haven't heard those klipsch specficially but am just going off of reviews and specs that seem to match what I would want. Those BIC floorstanding speakers that was mentioned above seem great but my only concern is what people said about lack of midrange. I don't know the exact dimensions of my downstairs handy, so all I can say is that it is large (typical size living room / dining room and kitchen, all open together) and I have the BIC America F12. I don't plan on ever really getting a 7.1 or even a 5.1 setup. I actually prefer 2.1, but still want a good receiver if I decide to upgrade speakers even more down the road.

Any thoughts on Polk Audio TSI500?
post #7 of 8 Old 04-17-2013, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Buying speakers without hearing them is difficult, but sometimes you have to. Is there any place you could go listen to some? Where are you located? Plug your location into Klipsch, etc websites and see/call places around you to go have a listen. With a budget of $1,000ish for a 2.0 setup, I personally think you can do A LOT better than Polk Tsi or the lower/smaller side of Klipsch's Ref. line.

Are you set on floorstanders? For that budget you wont find a floorstander that is a true full range speaker (especially for a large room). You might be better off selling the F12, buying a nice set of bookshelves and looking into a better sub.

Panny 65st60 / Denon / EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
post #8 of 8 Old 04-17-2013, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

unfortunately nowhere close to listen. I'm not set on floorstanders but I just figured they'd give me that full range i'm looking for when paired with a sub. Any recommendations on some good bookshelves within that price range? Also, what would be appreciably better than the F12 thats not crazy higher in price. For just under 200 it is pretty good I think.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page